Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital & mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants, & developers. VDDP is looking for a Sr Staff DevOps Engineer to modernize the platform for digital & mobile products using containers. The focus for the developer operations team is to leverage containers, improve monitoring & logging libraries for containerization, & improve continuous integration. In this role, you will engage with engineers from VDDP applications, Operations & Infrastructure, & Middleware teams to implement & roll-out containers. Visa is looking for an experienced, hands-on lead/engineer with expertise in continuous integration & containers.
- Build & manage containers platform for VDDP applications using Docker & Kubernetes
- Responsible for the development & implementation of platform components to support containers & Kubernetes
- Design, code & integrate application business layer with external application components
- Interact with both business & technical stakeholders to deliver high-quality products & services that meet business requirements & expectations while applying the latest available tools & technology
- Have a passion for delivering zero-defect code & be responsible for insuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA
- Build, enhance & scale critical pipeline, application, & infrastructure technologies in VDDP
- Build solutions for automated management, deployment, & monitoring of application components used by critical business applications & engineers in VDDP
- Responsible for provisioning & supporting engineering application/environment; focusing on faster provisioning, reliability, & consistency
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common capabilities
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 10+ years track record of relevant work experience & a B.S. or an M.S. in Computer Science or related technical discipline is required
- Should have a hands-on & good understanding of DevOps tools & automation framework
- Demonstrated hands-on experience with DevOps techniques building continuous integration solutions using Jenkins, Docker, Chef/Puppet, Git, Maven
- Experience with n-tier web application development & experience in J2EE based frameworks
- Hands-on experience with Golang, Python, & Java, etc
- Experience with Kubernetes & other container management solutions
- Must be proficient in one or more scripting languages: Unix Shell, Perl, Python
- Working experience in cloud computing, PaaS, IaaS, & related areas are highly desirable
- Knowledge & experience with Linux OS
- Should have working experience with monitoring & logging tools like Prometheus, Splunk, or any other monitoring tools/processes
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Strong Automation & Problem-solving skills & the ability to follow through to completion
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.