Company Description|Job Description
PubMatic is a digital advertising technology company for premium content creators. The PubMatic platform empowers independent app developers & publishers to control & maximize their digital advertising businesses. PubMatic's publisher-first approach enables advertisers to maximize ROI by reaching & engaging their target audiences in brand-safe, premium environments across ad formats & devices. Since 2006, PubMatic has created an efficient, global infrastructure & remains at the forefront of programmatic innovation. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, PubMatic operates 13 offices & six data centers worldwide.
PubMatic is a registered trademark of PubMatic Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
We are immediately hiring a Principal /Senior / Big DataEngineer (Hadoop along with Java or Python)to join our Big Data Engineeringteam.
PubMatic's Big Data Engineering group is responsible for building a scalable, fault-tolerant, & highly available platform for the petabytes of data in PubMatic Analytics. Our platform is built to ingest & process data, providing real-time, 'slice & dice' analytics for both internal & external customers.
This hire will be responsible for building industry-leading solutions, optimizing the platform, & challenging our assumptions - delivering solutions for critical problems.
Here is some tech this role will be working on --Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AWS, 1000+ nodes,Java, Microservices, Kinetica, Vertica & the scale is phenomenal -- we consume about 50TB of data per day. This is an awesome role for a server side software engineer to get into big data engineering.
- Work in a cross-functional environment to architect, design & develop new functions in our product line
- Conduct feasibility analysis, produce functional & design specifications of proposed newfeatures
- Troubleshoot complex issues discovered in-house,as well as customer environments
- Improve codebase, bring in latest technologies & re-architect modules to increase the throughput & performance
- 2+ years of solid Hadoop development experience
- Strong programming skills in Java or Python
- Strong CS fundamentals including data structure & algorithm design
- Priorexperience with data processing pipelines
- R&D contributions & production deployments of large backend systems
- Advanced practitionerof professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, documentation, build processes, automated testing, & operations
- Passion for developing & maintaining a high-quality code & test base - enabling contributions from engineers across the team
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a very innovative & fast paced environment
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly & independently
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, especially in technical communications
Nice to Have:
PubMatic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer; we don't just value diversity, we promote & celebrate it.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.