Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions & smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable & efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: were using USD Coin under the hood). Over the next 12 months, were going to rapidly grow our API customer base & enable even more businesses to easily integrate & benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet. The Circle Security Team works to protect Circle; our customers, clients, & partners; & the financial markets upon which we rely. The security team leads the companys programs for information security & cybersecurity, business continuity, & vendor risk management. As a senior leader within the Security organization, youll build & lead a team that is responsible for key areas of the security program while collaborating across Circles business functions. You will continue to learn & stay current in a fun & rapidly changing environment.
What you'll work on:
- Partner strategically with department heads & build functional relationships with peers across the organization to understand how Circle vendors, partners, customers, counterparties, & other third parties support & impact Circles information security & technology risk.
- Understand how each business process integrates with each third party.
- Work collectively with peers in Finance, Compliance, & Enterprise Risk to build a cohesive, multidisciplinary, acquisition-through-termination third party risk management program.
- Build a team responsible for evaluating third party inherent risk, assessing security, business continuity, privacy, & technology controls, managing third party remediation of issues, & monitoring vendor control performance over time.
- Develop & maintain policies, procedures, & questionnaires used for third party risk management.
- Consult with internal business partners on securely integrating with third parties & implementing CUECs.
- As a technology leader with hands-on experience, develop a team with deep technical skills; coach & mentor managers & individual contributors.
- Develop programs to monitor third party compliance with applicable regulations & industry standards.
- Use continuous improvement techniques to drive maturity & keep the third party risk management program up to date.
- Plan & manage the third party assessment schedule & staffing model.
- Use a risk based approach to prioritize work & allocate resources.
- Deliver in alignment with budget & resource plans.
- Partner with the Legal team to ensure that third party contracts include appropriate audit rights & control obligations.
- Leverage automated solutions & control tests as appropriate.
- Write documentation such as procedures, reports, training materials, & user guides.
- Support other security team projects such as regulatory exams & audits.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 10+ years of overall technology experience with a minimum of five years (can be overlapping) with a focus on cybersecurity.
- 5+ years of experience managing others.
- Enthusiasm for scalable, reproducible security management.
- Proven team building & team leadership experience.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively across teams with quickly changing priorities.
- Self-motivated & creative problem-solver able to work independently with minimal guidance.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities & use good judgement to establish order of priorities on the fly.
- Experience with assessment schemes such as Shared Assessments & the FFIEC IT Examination Handbook.
- Experience working with standards such as ISO 27001/27002 or the NIST Cybersecurity Framework highly desirable.
- Experience working in financial services or financial technology required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, cybersecurity or related field; equivalent experience also accepted.
- Certifications such as CTRPR, CISSP, CISA, or similar will receive favorable consideration but are not required.
- Experience implementing & using GRC platforms.
- Proficiency in Google Suite, Slack & Apple MacOS preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.