About Our Company
M.M.LaFleur is a female-founded womenswear company based in New York City. We believe the world is a better place when women succeed, so we celebrate the modern professional woman through our clothing, styling, & community. Our thoughtfully designed pieces are practical, comfortable, & beautiful, & we hope that when you wear them, you feel like the most polished & powerful version of yourself. Our goal is to take the work out of dressing for workwhether that means heading to the office, networking over brunch, leading PTA meetings, or anything in between.
About this role
The People Operations Associate is the backbone for the People Team. This role will help employees navigate the ins & outs of the M.M. experience. You will play a critical role in helping retain & optimize the best people for M.M.LaFleur.
What will you do?
- Point person for all general payroll-related questions
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly basis, ensuring accuracy & timeliness
- Review & ensure accuracy of gross pay to net pay, including earnings, deductions, garnishments,and taxes for exempt & nonexempt employees
- Manage the day-to-day payroll operations, including identifying process improvements
- Knowledgeable in Namely HRIS system to ensure accurate recording of time for all non-exempt employees (or a fast systems learner!)
- Write, maintain, & support a variety of queries using appropriate reporting tools
- Point person for all general benefits-related questions
- Conduct Benefits Orientation for new hires
- Process monthly billing & payments for all benefits lines
- Assist in annual renewal process for all benefits lines
People Ops Administration
- Take & action on employee inquiries about payroll, benefits, & company policies
- Responsible for onboarding & offboarding processes
- Order business cards on a regular cadence
- Keep MMoxie, our internal intranet & learning system up to date with new hires & termination
- Manage peopleops@ listserv & ensure employees are answered in a timely manner
- Help manage & upkeep the HRIS & all employee records - making sure all data is accurate & up-to-date.
- Recommends & maintains policies, procedures, & best practice guidelines as needed
- Assist in handling unemployment claims
- Helping formulate & upkeep our People Ops dashboard - bringing insights to the leadership team on areas of focus to best optimize our People-related efforts.
- Help in efforts to retain top talent by looking for new ways to engage employees & make everyday life at MM seamless when it comes to People Operation policies.
- Work closely with the rest of the People team & employees to improve work relationships, build morale, & increase productivity & retention through internal & external programs & events
- Help out the People team as we develop, plan, & implement employee engagement events, manage perks & promote a strong culture
- Full-cycle recruiting for Level 1 & Level 2 roles
What skills do you have?
- 1-2 years of people ops experience, working in a fast-paced environment
- High level of trust & demonstrated ability to work with sensitive, confidential data
- Ability to proactively build strong relationships & trust with all levels of employees
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Extremely personable & approachable with a strong emotional intelligence
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong collaboration skills & the ability to contribute within a team setting
- You can manage the fast-paced day-to-day tasks, as well as step back to think creatively & contemplate the long-term vision