Were looking for a detail-oriented Associate Community Editor to moderate, edit, & manage content created by the BuzzFeed.com community. This role is primarily an editing role but with opportunities to write.
- Review, edit, & promote user-generated list & quiz content
- Monitor & use traffic data to moderate incoming user content
- Promote posts tied to traffic & deploy proven content framing methods
- Make decisions on what to delete/ban
- Identify & escalate more controversial posts
- Moderate user comments
- Communicate clearly & positively with BuzzFeeds Community users
- A love for working with users & fostering creativity in communities
- Excellent grammar & a high level of attention to detail
- A sense of what resonates with BuzzFeed.coms audience
- The ability to coordinate & strategize effectively with other Community Editors
- Experience working with online communities preferred
- Interest in & knowledge of social media & digital publishing
- 1+ years experience in community moderation or editing
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.