Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York & remote-friendly for employees, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want innovators who are passionate about seeing our customers succeed at scale.
We are looking for an experienced marketer with a passion for helping developers & small businesses succeed with cloud technology. You are well-versed in marketing technology, with an emphasis on marketing automation & campaign management. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you will play a leading role in creating & executing communications into the DigitalOcean customer base that generate understanding & usage of our products. You will work with a variety of teams including Product, Support, Product Marketing, Programs/Events, & Developer Relations to drive awareness of the fast-paced innovation occurring across the company. You will have the opportunity to reimagine our holistic approach to communicating with our customers, balancing the stories we want to tell with our customers appetite to engage.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Deploying communications to the DigitalOcean customer base: Campaigns include product announcements, event & content promotions, newsletters, & account notifications
- Exemplifying Campaign Operations best practices: Create & adhere to a campaign operations checklist, including quality assurance checks prior to each campaign deployment
- Working cross-functionally: Work with channel & product owners to execute communications that enable our customers to succeed
- Maintaining database hygiene: Ensure our marketing database stays up-to-date with internal requirements & is in compliance with regulations, such as GDPR
- Analyzing results to inform recommendations: Create reporting frameworks to measure success of campaigns, close loop with stakeholders on performance, & offer ideas for program improvements
What Well Expect From You:
- Experience building email campaigns: Hands-on experience building campaigns in marketing automation platforms (preferably Marketo), including work with email templates, lists & databases, landing pages, & forms
- Knowledge of data flow: High-level understanding of how user data flows between core systems; data warehouse, Segment, CRM (Salesforce), & marketing automation platform (Marketo)
- Project management: Strong attention to detail & ability to understand & plan against cross-dependencies to drive projects forward; experience with JIRA a plus
- Collaborative expertise: A proven track record of working cross-functionally to execute improvements in the customer journey is a must
- Digital marketing knowledge: Understanding of channels outside of email, such as paid advertising, content/SEO, or channel marketing
- Strong writing: Ability to write effective copy & proofread as part of quality assurance
- Strategic thinking: Ability to go beyond pressing send by leveling up the quality of campaigns reaching our customers
- Domain experience: Experience marketing cloud solutions to developers & businesses; familiarity with cloud infrastructure a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!