Who Are We
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As a key leader in the global Admissions organization, this role is critical to General Assemblys ongoing success & growth, as well as the success & growth of our students. As a Regional Admissions Director, you will manage a remote team of 5-10+ Admissions Producers (APs) on 3-4+ North American campuses, acting as a model of sales success & effectiveness.
Success in this role requires combining on the ground sales skills including coaching, training & development with analytical skills such as forecasting, & excellent communication skills to report on progress & manage internal stakeholders including local, regional & headquarters management.
- Ensure consistent, high performance in all key sales funnel metrics for each team member; work with your team to manage a complex lead & opportunity pipelines to meet & exceed bookings targets.
- Coach & provide impactful feedback to each admissions producer on an ongoing basis. Complete weekly 1:1s with APs to monitor progress & course correct where needed on items such as pipeline management, overall activity, NVM availability, etc.
- Regularly implement team improvements & suggest global changes where needed to help your teams & global admissions team succeed.
- Plan & execute ongoing group training & professional development in product knowledge, technical & functional skills (call flow/Sales 101, sales event best practices)
- Ensure timely staffing with a high bar for admissions representative output in the first 90 days; manage onboarding & training of new admissions representatives.
- Communicate regularly with both regional sales teams & local campus operations leadership on resource needs, enrollment pacing, & inventory management in order to maximize regional bookings.
- Provide regular, accurate forecasting to local & regional management to inform decision-making.
- Partner closely & collaborate with local Regional Directors. Facilitates tight communication on admissions & non-admissions team issues. Keep RD in the loop on the progress of their Admissions team. Share information to ensure RDs feel supported & aligned on market-specific priorities.
- Successfully engage all team members, including those located on other campuses, using a combination of in-person & remote communication tactics.
- Works with regional management to ensures appropriate pipeline of info sessions, 101s & other in-person sales events; monitors quality & effectiveness
- Sales & people management experience required
- 5 years of progressive sales experience preferred
- 2 years of people management experience preferred, including time spent coaching & developing direct reports.