Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous masters Gordon Ramsay, Serena Williams, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Sara Blakely, David Sedaris, Bobbi Brown, Timbaland, Anna Wintour & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Someone excited by the challenges & opportunity to work at a growing, fast-paced start-ups.
- A desire to continually improve existing processes providing improved visibility to the business.
- A collaborative spirit that enjoys working cross-functionally within the team & company.
- Someone who is looking for the opportunity to continue to learn & grow in their accounting career.
- Someone who is well organized & has the ability to manage multiple initiatives at once.
- Someone with thorough, responsive, & has great attention to detail.
- With prior experience working with ERP systems (Netsuite, Intacct) & Excel.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Manage AP inboxes. Respond to inbound inquiries & requests from internal partners & external vendors.
- Process, code, & submit all production-related invoices both accurately & timely.
- Serve as primary liaison between Accounting & Content teams (ensure timely & accurate payments, assist in set-up & troubleshooting).
- Process employee expense reports, verifying adherence to corporate policies.
- Serve as Corporate Card Administrator for all Production-related cards, managing existing cards, issuing new production cards as needed, & reconciling card transactions. Also provide weekly reports & participate in usage audits.
- Set-up & maintain domestic & international vendor records, including securing all W-9/W-8BEN forms & preparing annual 1099 filings.
- Prepare vendor payment lists, including domestic & foreign wires.
- Maintain invoice, labor & union trackers. Conduct weekly GL reconciliation to ensure accuracy.
- Help to develop & refine improvements to the production accounting process.
- Conduct weekly general ledger sweeps to review entries.
- Work with internal Finance partners to address any recurring coding issues.
- Assist team at-large with providing reports, preparing/posting GL entries, & helping to support any ad hoc requests.
- Maintain invoice, labor, & union trackers.
- Assist in ongoing cost & spend trend analysis.
- Assist with production cost reconciliations, actualizing costs to bids, & supporting audit requests.
- Review & approve timecards & payroll edits for production crews.
- 5-10 years experience.
- Bachelor Degree or relevant experience.
- ERP systems (Netsuite, Intacct) & Excel
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.