BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Are you passionate about financial markets, do you have strong accounting skills, are you great with numbers & know how to take care of the details? Do you have a flexible attitude, quantitative focus & a strong desire to leverage your skills? Do you have the ability to act as the single point of contact with regards to financial reports?
Youll be working in the Accounting & Finance team in New York. Our business is dynamic & growing in terms of size & complexity, thus we are looking for a proactive, dynamic, innovative & motivated individual to join the team & to quickly take on the below responsibilities.
To add maximum value, the role will also require an understanding of & contribution to the other functions of the wider Accounting & Finance team. In addition to the Accounting team, youll interact with other internal clients include Risk, Compliance, Legal, Operations & Senior Management. Your primary responsibilities will be:
- Act as the primary owner on all accounting matters related to consolidations & subsidiary accounting including intercompany allocations & transfer pricing
- Be a valued partner to the Accounting team & develop an in-depth understanding of various local markets GAAP, revenue recognition criteria & regulatory requirements
- Ensure a robust set of controls is operating properly through effective supervision, challenge & impact assessment
- Own & be responsible for the accounting & reporting of balances to external stakeholders
- Work with FP&A & tax colleagues to develop & implement timely data aggregation processes
- Assess transactions for appropriate valuation, accounting treatment, & disclosure in the financial statements
- Strong communication skills & be able to clearly articulate matters & report with several stakeholders, including the business, external auditors, etc., on financial results
- Understand front to back flows & the ability to partner with other functions to address inefficiencies
- Work with other functions to deliver process improvement in line with our strategic programs of work
- Possess a strong risk mind-set to challenge & influence the effectiveness of upstream controls to further strengthen the front to back control environment
- Act as the subject matter expert
- Bachelor's degree in economics, finance or accounting, with a strong understanding of accounting principles & capital markets
- 8+ years of prior experience in the Financial Services industry, specifically dealing with complex global subsidiary structures
- CPA or equivalent
- Understanding of both IFRS & US GAAP
- Experience working in an ERP system / environment
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills a must
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency markets is an advantage but not required
- Understanding of & experience supporting fund accounting & investor reporting
- A strong communicator, comfortable interacting with colleagues at all levels with an ability to influence & constructively challenge traders
- Capable of running with projects & leading a team.
- Fast learner & team player
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand