About This Position
As a Financial Advisor at Ellevest, you will have the opportunity to shape a new offering for our clients, working closely with our Private Wealth Management & Investments teams to ensure the delivery of best-in-class financial advisory services guided by the principles of Ellevests investment philosophy. You believe that effective investing can be achieved by reducing costs, taxes, & risk through diversification, & not through market timing or chasing alpha. You will develop & maintain ongoing partnerships with a range of clients through regular, meaningful contact as part of our Private Wealth Management services offering to high net worth individuals. You will be working closely with clients to develop a customized goals-based financial plan based on their unique financial situation, & provide ongoing financial advice to help them reach their objectives.
- Develop a thorough understanding of each of your clients needs, goals, & financial status in order to guide them based on Ellevests investment philosophy
- Provide & recommend strategies in a clear, supportive, & helpful manner to help clients achieve their goals over time
- Maintain & grow a book of business through dedicated relationship management & nurturing
- Identify appropriate savings, investment, & spending strategies to reflect clients' risk preferences, liquidity needs, & investment objectives
- Demonstrate exceptional client relationship management capabilities; build written & verbal plans to communicate recommended strategies to clients; set, manage, meet & exceed client expectations in order to build value in relationships over time
- Monitor portfolios for clients on an ongoing basis to retain & grow our client relationships, & conduct periodic reviews to help clients feel connected to Ellevest & their investing strategy
- Comply with Ellevest methods & guidelines, & uphold our documentation & organization standards to meet compliance requirements
- Promote professional & team development by maintaining an in-depth understanding of financial planning, capital markets & the financial services industry; stay aware of significant changes or developments (e.g. taxation, regulatory, legal, competitive, technical) within the fields of investments & financial services
- Maintain all required licenses & designations
- Support the growth of new product offerings & team development as Ellevest scales
- Minimum 5 years experience & demonstrated track record of success in building your ownbook of businessin financial advisory; relationship management for female clients preferred
- FINRA Series 6, 65, & 63 licenses
- Outstanding oral & written communication skills, high emotional intelligence, & the ability to translate complex financial topics to audiences of different levels of experience & knowledge
- Intellectual curiosity, a deep desire to solve problems, & an exceptional attention to detail
- The ability to serve as a successful & determined advocate for your clients
- A keen sense of resourcefulness & ability to implement efficient processes in an unstructured environment
- Experience relying on & adapting to new technology
- Strong educational background
- Passion for our women-oriented mission
Ellevest is a transformative technology company created to help women achieve their financial potential. Ellevest helps women take control of their financial futures through investing, with a beautifully designed digital platform backed by an incredibly smart algorithm. Ellevest was co-founded by Wall Street veteran Sallie Krawcheck, chair of the Ellevate Network, previously CEO of Smith Barney & Merrill Lynch Wealth Management, formerly CFO of Citi, & author of Own It: The Power of Women at Work.Ellevest has raised $70MM from investors like Rethink Impact, Pivotal Ventures, Valerie Jarrett, Salesforce Ventures, PayPal Ventures, MasterCard, Khosla Ventures, Morningstar, & Venus Williams.
Ellevest has flipped the traditional approach to investing with a real-life, goal-based approach. Clients select personal financial goals such as buying a home, starting a business, raising a family, & retiring well, among others. Ellevest is unique in taking into account womens longer lifespans & different salary curves, combined with her current financial picture, to construct highly customized investment portfolios for each of her goals. Ellevests unique algorithms are designed to get the client to her goal number or better in 70% of market scenarios, higher than traditional financial advisors.
Working at Ellevest
Ellevest is a leading tech company in New York City, with a thriving team across our engineering, product, marketing, client experience, investments, & operations organizations. We place a major emphasis on building a team & working environment where individuals can succeed professionally & personally. As a team member at Ellevest, you can expect to make a difference through your work, to have a direct impact on the achievement of a very meaningful mission, to significantly advance your career trajectory, & to have room for fun & fulfillment in your daily life. We know that achieving a mission as critical as ours requires incredible talent & teamwork, & team is the most important thing to us.
In 2017, CNBC listed Ellevest as one of their Top 25 Most Promising Startups on a path to becoming tomorrows household names. We are working every day to make that a reality, & create a brand & a service that fosters female financial independence.
Some Benefits of Working at Ellevest
- Work with a highly dedicated, talented team
- Flexible Schedule
- Beautiful Office in Flatiron
- Health, vision, & dental insurance
- Parental leave policy
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note: Instead of a cover letter, we ask you to answer the three questions at the bottom of this application.