Our e-commerce engineers build software to support our partners throughout the business, including sales, marketing, support, accounting, logistics, operations, & studio.
We are looking for experienced senior software engineers who are passionate about building highly available & performant systems to successfully support our growing base of products.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
Cultivate a deep understanding of our e-commerce platform while working on a cross-functional agile team, collaborating closely with other engineers & product managers to build, integrate & evolve key components of the architecture that supports our core e-commerce functionality.
- Design & implement software components to facilitate integration with back-office systems & front-ends.
- Help to evolve our e-commerce platform by promoting engineering best practices.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability, scalability & internationalization.
- Collaborate with other engineers by taking part in pair programming & leading white boarding solutions, team discussions, & task breakdown.
- Active engagement in technical discussions during architecture meetings, code reviews, & design docs to help promote a culture of learning & constant improvement.
- Defend the integrity of the codebase, never compromising on code quality.
- Ability to say NO, respectfully challenge ideas, & call out potential trade-offs.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- 1+ in the financial services industry, e-commerce, credit card & payment related product operations.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture & design (architecture, design patterns, reliability & scaling) of new & current systems.
- Passionate about technology, new ideas, & always willing to learn new things.
- Ability to contribute consistently & positively in a high-paced, fast-changed environment.
- Analytical & creative problem solver, with the flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented and/or functional programming design principles.
- Good understanding of agile, lean, & DevOps principles.
- Deep understanding of at least one backend framework like Django, Rails, Spring, or similar.
- Acute attention to detail & dedication to quality.
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have experience integrating & evolving backend systems.
- Have experience working within e-commerce & third-party payment gateways and/or enterprise middlewares.
- Have experience integrating & deploying to managed cloud infrastructure (AWS or GCP).
- Have experience with microservices architecture & the backend-for-frontend pattern.
- Are able to take a project from scoping requirements through actual execution & delivery.
- Attend meetups, conferences, & participate in the software engineering community.
- Contribute to open-source projects.
- Have experience migrating a monolithic system to an ecosystem of microservices.
- Have experience with or knowledge of TDD, DDD, CQRS & Event Sourcing.
- Worked on a system that had to deal with internationalization & localization.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere.
Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves.
An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love.
The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV.
Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com