Are you devoted to delivering delightful software experiences? How about interested in enhancing the framework & underlying programming language that powers Appian? Do you seek to make an impact on both people & product? At Appian, Senior Managers of Software Development provide not only hands on technical leadership, but also create situations to ignite the professional growth & success of individuals on their teams. As a hands on technical leader you will help us transform Appians designer experience as well as provide direct 1-on-1 mentoring, coaching, & career development to a group of brilliant software engineers.
- You have broad technical understanding across multiple technology layers as well as deep technical knowledge of design patterns such as abstract syntax trees, parsers & interpreters
- You are excited by the fast creation & easy maintenance of frameworks consumed by developers & designers (SAIL: Appians UI Framework)
- You want to work with other passionate engineers who care about innovation, efficiency, & collaboration
- You care about fostering a culture of learning, growth, & career development for software engineers
- You yourself are a hands on software engineer, comfortable coding as needed
- Leading an elite technically talented team of engineers that builds the patented framework & programming language
- Hands on technical leadership & collaboration to grow & maintain Appians world-class platform through Agile methodologies & tools
- Effectively manage, develop, & guide up to 12 direct reports through mentoring & coaching
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to hire great talent & provide input for creating staffing plans with departmental leadership
- Be an agent for change, at both the team & departmental level.
- Performance of HR Management tasks related to each direct report; such as timesheet approval, communication of raises & bonuses, performance reviews, etc.
Preferred Experience Level: 10+ years in software development, with 5+ years as a mentor or manager
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field, advanced degree preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.#LI-AD1