Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for an exceptional Senior Accountant. As a Senior Accountant you will be the lead representative in all customer transactional flow accounting needs across varying business units including reconciliation, journal entries, exception monitoring & analysis. As a multi-entity, international company, you will work with multiple banking partners, processing platforms & varying currencies. You will also work closely with the engineering, risk team & general finance team.
What you'll work on:
- Oversee product-originated customer flows, corresponding cash movements reconciliations & safeguarding of customer owned assets
- Prepare month-end balance sheet reconciliations for domestic entities
- Perform fluctuation analysis on expenses to analyze changes in accounts & confirm they expenses are appropriately recorded to the correct account & department
- Work in collaboration with Risk, Compliance & Treasury departments to ensure that all reporting requirements are met
- Implement new accounting software to help streamline processes
- Review balance sheet reconciliations & financial information as needed
- Ensure reporting is complete & accurate for new product launches
- Assist with relevant annual audit & tax reporting requirements involving customer activities
- Perform special accounting analysis & projects, as requested
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting experience
- Big 4 & CPA preferred
- Direct experience performing detailed & data intensive reconciliations
- Strong technical accounting skills & be current with regulations & compliance issues
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative, multi-tasker, & creative
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced environment is extremely important
- Ability to prioritize workloads & ensure tasks are completed timely
- High integrity & ability to handle confidential information
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS & GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.