BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered, diversified media company that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally through its cross-platform news & entertainment network. The company produces articles, lists, quizzes, videos, & original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News & HuffPost; an industry-leading affiliate business, strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Commerce; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed's Talent Acquisition is looking for a Sourcer to join our bi-coastal (NYC & LA) team. We are a lean but mighty group that supports hiring globally. We are bound by a shared love of creating a thoughtful candidate experience, an eye for a spectrum of talents & experience, & the ability to use a GIF for every situation to complement a point!
As a Sourcer, you will develop & work on traditional & progressive sourcing strategies (direct sourcing, industry networking, internet/social media recruiting, employee referrals, & industry events & conferences). You will identify & hire diverse & qualified candidates across our university, industry, & senior levels. Help promote BuzzFeed's employer.
- Implement thoughtful & strategic sourcing plans by understanding the scope of open positions & our mission. Be a utility player to support the hiring needs across our business from sales, news, creative to finance, legal, etc.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition leads to determine deliverables & goals needed to integrate diversity sourcing projects & plans.
- Have networks to source & attract diverse candidates through activities with Employee Resource Groups & multiple niche/diverse partner organizations.
- Research & understand where talent pools exist & work with our teams to build on sourcing plans to generate leads.
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement & provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
- Identify & organize a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline & promote BuzzFeed's employment brand
- Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers' social media presence on Twitter & Instagram
- 2+ years of in-house or staffing agency with a focus on direct sourcing of candidate generation or comparable experience
- Strong research skills to understand & map out the evolving digital media industry
- Success in implementing creative methods to source & attract passive candidates.
- A collaborative style to work with our internal partners HR colleagues, Finance, Hiring Managers.
- A pulse of current market trends & track the competition.
- Experience handling a high volume of priorities with care & diligence.
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse) & other sourcing platforms
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation & benefits package
- Plenty of snacks (healthy & indulgent), catered lunches, beverages, etc..
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.