Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As the Senior Accountant - Payable, you will be an integral part of the Revenue Accounting team, assisting accounting leadership with all aspects of the financial close process & various reporting requirements. Your expertise will help ensure the company remains compliant with GAAP as it continues to scale. You will partner with Engineering, Product, & Finance teams to analyze & test the impact of upstream changes on the entire payable process. You are detail-oriented, efficient, & adept at identifying process & control improvements across a global organization. You will support & coach a growing team of accountants to accurately record & analyze financial data & meet overall team objectives. You will report to the Revenue Accounting Manager.
What you'll do:
- Be responsible for accurate & timely month-end, quarter-end, & year-end close procedures for certain key balance sheet & income statement accounts (including preparing journal entries, account reconciliations, & performing flux analysis) in all areas of Accounts Payable & restaurant P&L accounts
- Maintain internal payment review, cash controls & cash forecasting
- Analyze monthly financial data & make sure all activity has been recorded & reconciled
- Manage W9 collection across all restaurants, maintaining files, & processing annual 1099's
- Partner with the Finance, Sales, Operations, & Engineering teams to design, prepare, analyze & implement process & system updates in support of new operational initiatives
- Proactively identify process inefficiencies & lead/assist in developing & executing process improvement initiatives/solutions
- Assist with development & implementation of accounting procedures & controls
- Support the year-end audit & other external reporting requirements
- Provide support to finance management & other business partners as needs arise, including ad-hoc financial analysis, & special projects.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelors or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong understanding of accounting theory, GAAP, & international reporting requirements
- 3+ years accounting experience. Public accounting experience & CPA is preferred
- Experience working in a dynamic & fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel skills, including data tables, pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.
- Familiarity with online accounting software
- Highly detail oriented & organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
- Ability to act & operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Ability to work cooperatively & collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, & external constituents to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, & results
- Eager to learn & grow in a fast-paced exciting startup environment
- Easily coachable & open to feedback for continuous self-improvement
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.