Brex is revolutionizing financial services for businesses, starting with corporate cards for startups. We are building the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans such as Peter Thiel & Max Levchin, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
Based in San Francisco, our team is committed to creating a driven & diverse company with ambitious people from wide-ranging backgrounds. We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfort learning new technologies. Most importantly, were looking for people who are enthusiastic about working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
The Senior Content Strategy Manager at Brex is a critical hire who will lead marketing content for all products & verticals. The ideal candidate is a passionate storyteller with extensive experience developing high-performing content to attract & engage our target audience.
Were looking for an exceptionally ambitious, strategic thinker to craft compelling stories that attract, engage, & activate audiences. This role will be instrumental not only in improving existing content programs but also in defining & developing Brexs positioning & messaging strategy going forward! To thrive in this position, you are able to balance strategic marquee campaigns & everyday tactical efforts, & support the full marketing funnel. You will be a player-coach, writing your own content as well as mentoring & leading the team. Your best work is done in highly collaborative & cross-functional environments.
What You'll Do:
- Produce content that is tailored to target audience segments & all funnel stages
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams to produce on-brand content that supports our marketing & business goals (Marketing, Design, Product, BD, Sales, & Customer Success)
- Manage a small & mighty team to lead content strategy for all products (Brex cards for tech, life sciences, & ecommerce; Brex Cash, Integrations) & be a strong advocate for the team
- Spearhead efforts to align & prioritize content development & execution to deliver cohesive prospect & customer experiences
- Refine, evolve, & execute positioning across products to support integrated marketing & streamline communications
- Strengthen Brexs voice across products & marketing channels
What We Value:
- Demonstrated success creating content for different channels & formats & strong understanding of SEO best practices (please include a link to your portfolio)
- College graduate with a 4-year degree
- 10+ years working in content marketing strategy with an emphasis on brand & positioning, preferably within a marketing team & B2B tech, with 3+ years of managerial experience leading high-performing teams
- Collaborative working style with a focus on building relationships across teams & promoting content best practices throughout the company
- Experience operating both strategically & tactically in a fast-paced environment, driving projects from creative conception to completion, & demonstrating the effectiveness of content
- Demonstrated ability to quickly become an expert on new subject matter
- Keen interest & competence in tech, & experience in financial services is highly preferred
- Ambitious self-starter who has a passion for tackling big challenges & a good sense of humor
- Very strong writing skills (including flawless grammar & spelling), & ability to produce high-quality content with little-to-no editorial oversight