What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. At Appian, were not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation; great people, great software!
Summary: Master of quality techniques & tools. Ensure high quality & timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding accessibility standards from the customer perspective & ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Has a firm grasp on complex accessibility standard guidelines that can cause quality issues & ensures engineers account for them in their design & testing. Analyzes mistakes & helps ensure they do not recur.
- Ability to effectively apply software testing design techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze & develop standards / guidelines to code for WCAG guidelines.
- Experience with screen readers & other accessibility testing tools. NVDA, JAWS, VoiceOver, color contrast checkers on various web (Windows/Mac) & mobile (iOS/Android) operating systems & multiple browsers (IE11/Chrome/Firefox/Safari).
- Develop & maintain VPAT documentation based on industry & government best practices & standards.
- Experience with automating accessibility test cases for both web & mobile (iOS/Android) applications is a plus.
- Manually test & troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: UX, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, & regression test features across web, Android, & iOS platforms.
- Systematically analyze requirements ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Perform analysis, research, & troubleshooting of software defects & aid in the documentation of defects & anomalies.
- Build, maintain, & improve test artifacts for rapid & efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Work with other scrum team members to define & review Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensure complete & timely reporting of bugs & test results.
- Effectively & efficiently determine root causes of leaked defects.
Preferred Experience Level:
- 4+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer)
- 2+ years of work experience as a SME under web accessibility guidelines (WCAG 2.1), requirements, & assistive technology
- B.S. degree in an Engineering field or demonstrated aptitude for technology
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.