Company Description|Job Description
Optimizely is the world's leader in customer experience optimization, allowing businesses to dramatically drive up the value of their digital products, commerce & campaigns through its best in class experimentation software platform. By replacing digital guesswork with evidence-based results, Optimizely enables product & marketing professionals to accelerate innovation, lower the risk of new features, & drive up the return on investment from digital by up to 10X. Over 26 of the Fortune 100 companies choose Optimizely to power their global digital experiences. Optimizely's impressive customer list includes eBay, FOX, IBM, The New York Times & many more global enterprises.
Experimentation is the foundation of all human knowledge. At Optimizely we are the Experimentation Platform that enable some of largest companies in the worldto turn data into action.
As we continue to enhance our enterprise-class experimentation platform, we are looking for a senior engineer to help lead & create our next wave of services & architectural improvements. We want you to be idealistic but pragmatic, creative but able to embrace elegant simplicity in both code & infrastructure. Scale & performance are part of everything we build. You'll be building the foundation that empowers billions of experiences across the world's leading websites & digital experience providers.
Does this sound like you? Come join us!
What you will do:
- Design & implement next generation core application backend components
- Identify when to replace & when to rebuild legacy systems
- Design & enhance all systems to be Enterprise Class (Reliability, Scalability, Performance, Security, etc.)
- Design & build systems that have monitoring & alerting capabilities
- Educate internal customers on how to best venture into our codebase
- Organize, plan, & lead large projects through to completion
What sets our Application Backend Engineers apart:
- Work with colleagues that get youfired up every day & are super smart!
- Learn more about our engineering organization by visitingour blog
- We're engaged in the Developer Community. We are after-all not just developers but we are also building products for developers. You'll see us at PyBay (Bay Area), Austin Python Meetups & more
- We're not locked into a specific technology stack. You'll be working with & picking the latest technologies to do the job right. Some of the technologies we work with include: Python, Django, Celery, Postgres, Redis, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Linux, CircleCI, Heroku, AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Monitoring,and observability tooling
- You have 5-8 years of technicalexperience & 2-3 years leading technical projects
- You have demonstrated experience in deconstructing a monolith application into services or have developed services from scratch
- You have demonstrated experience in designing & building high-performance, highly-available & scalable services/APIs deployed in a containerized environment.
- You find satisfaction in being a force multiplier for your colleagues
- You look at engineering problems holistically & have developed best in class products
- You stay on top of technical trends, & know how to use them pragmatically
- You are self-motivated, yet still enjoy working in partnership across an organization
- Commuter & transportation benefits
- Catered in-office lunch & dinner on weekdays
- Full medical insurance with very low co-pay & deductible. HMO, PPO, & HSA options available
- Premiums for Employee & dependents 100% covered for medical, dental, & vision
- Full dental coverage including orthodontics
- Full vision coverage including contacts
- Wellness Grant
- Unlimited vacation policy & seventeen weeks of paid parental leave
- 401k benefit
- Working with a great team & having a huge impact!
At Optimizely, we embody inclusion & embrace diversity. Optimizely is an equal opportunity employer & makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Optimizely prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual identity, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, nationality, citizenship, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or any other unlawful consideration.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.