What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Head of Environment to join our growing team! Youll lead the charge on rebuilding an office environment for a team thats grown drastically during a time of remote-first work, helping us to scope & implement what our physical presence will look like both domestically & across our international hubs. Were committed to an office strategy that puts our people first, acknowledges our track record of success working fully remotely, & views physical space as one component part of an integrated talent strategy.
About Your Team
Youll join a dynamic & collaborative People team committed to hiring incredible teammates & in turn making BlockFi the best possible place to work. We view the office environment as an accelerator for a strong culture & effective collaboration. If youre passionate about employee experience, inclusivity, & the role of the people team in supporting a culture of high motivation & engagement, were excited to hear from you!
Youre a hyper-organized leader who knows how to connect the dots from A-Z. Youll project manage the moving pieces of identifying & mobilizing into new office environments, ultimately overseeing office & facilities management & everything that makes a physical environment great.
- Reopen the existing BlockFi FiDi office with health requirements, security, usability, & capacity management front of mind
- Lead analysis on return to work requirements, re-envisioning how we manage capacity & operationalize a hybridized remote/in-office team structure through the lens of inclusivity, culture, collaboration, & motivation in partnership with our employee experience team
- Identify new office spaces that can accommodate these needs, & working with local stakeholders to provide guidance to our international hubs
- Act as the point person liaising between our security, compliance, finance, & legal teams to gain stakeholder buy in and ensure we take a comprehensive approach to our office strategy
- Manage external stakeholders & vendors including real estate, design, food & beverage, & technology infrastructure
- Project manage transition timelines, ensuring all steps are communicated to impacted employees
- Build & manage a facilities support team
- 7+ years of direct experience
- Youve led at least one end to end office relocation project; multiple projects preferred
- Strong management experience leading an office/facilities team
- Hands on office management experience a plus
- Project management experience a plus
- Eye for detail & design
- Expert at managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Familiarity with preferred vendors in the NY area a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days or Flexible PTO & sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer or BlockFi contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand