PubNub is a globally distributed "data stream" network, a cloud service that developers use to build & scale realtime applications. We power hundreds of millions of devices with billions of monthly realtime transactions in social apps, online auctions, multi-player games, financial services, telecom infrastructure, & e-commerce to name a few. PubNub is also used as the communication backbone of many Internet of Things (IoT) solutions for home automation, connected cars, retail, transportation, etc.
We are an all-star technical team comprising of folks who have been part of successful acquisitions in enterprise & consumer software companies. If you like hyper scale systems & engineering projects that redefine limits, PubNub is for you.PubNub is proud to be an EEO employer.
We are looking for exceptional developers to use creative thinking & some raw innovation to drive the development of multiple aspects of the PubNub platform & tools.
We have a number of server & front-end projects in real time messaging, application infrastructure, data analytics & more. Come talk to us & well tell you more.
- Work collaboratively with product management & other stakeholders to drive the architecture & design of various next-gen features of PubNub.
- Champion adherence to best-practice development methodologies across the entire team.
- Facilitate automated testing so teams can innovate at a rapid pace while delivering extremely high quality.
- Interview, mentor, listen-to, & collaborate with other engineers.
To be specific, a strong candidate would have:
- Minimum 4 years experience in enterprise grade software.
- Expertise in both web & server-side development.
- Strong software design skills with deep knowledge of architecture & design patterns.
- Expert knowledge of best practice software development methodologies & coding standards.
- Strong understanding of data structures & algorithms.
- Knowledge of databases, particularly SQL databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.
- Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols & security (TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP, NTP, DNS, TLS etc).
- Attention to detail & ability to work independently on complex problems.
- Past experience in public cloud deployments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, Rackspace, SoftLayer, etc.)
- A familiarity with open source cloud computing platforms like OpenStack or CloudStack
- Previous experience with Test Driven Development with heavy use of unit testing frameworks.
- Fluency in Python
- Previous start-up or small company experience
We work hard & have fun doing it! We believe that we are creating something that will truly transform how people interact with technology, & support that with an amazing culture & great benefits including a competitive salary & pre-IPO stock options. PubNub is based on a fun culture & team spirit & this role will be a key contributor to bringing that culture to one of the companys first offices outside of the US.