At Lyft, community is who we are, its what we do, & its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community, by creating an open, inclusive & diverse organization where all team members belong.
Do you want to shape the future of transportation? Are you looking for a culture that supports your personal development? Are you looking to have fun while you hustle? Then come be Environmental & Construction Counsel at Lyft!
We're looking for a team member to join the Regulatory Compliance team, which is responsible for negotiating, communicating, & ultimately fulfilling Lyfts compliance requirements. In this role, you will advise the company on environmental, worker safety, & other construction regulations & requirements, as we expand our Driver Centers throughout the country. This role will be in our New York office & reports to the Senior Counsel, Regulatory Compliance.
- Assess & mitigate the worker safety & environmental circumstances of each site identified by the retail team
- Manage any outside consultants hired to assist with inspections, analysis, remediation, & any necessary environmental & hazardous materials permits
- Negotiate with local & state government agencies (such as the Bureau of Automotive Repair) in order to initiate & expedite the permitting process
- Provide advice on OSHA compliance (for both build-out & operations)
- Lead efforts to respond to regulatory inquiries, reports, & audits
- 5+ years of experience working in a legal or compliance role, preferably within a corporate legal department
- JD Degree from a top school
- Experience working with public agencies
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to think both tactically & strategically
- Ability to multi-task effortlessly & manage competing priorities under demanding deadlines
- Passion for Lyft & the ride-sharing community
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.