Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
As a Software Engineer on the Droplet team, the software you write will manage over a million customer Droplets around the world. You will define the next generation of cloud services, making developers' lives easier by building new services that improve our efficiency & also provide important new features for our customers. If your passion is Distributed Systems, this is the right job for you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Build the services that build & manage Droplets (our customers VM instances)
- Design, implement, test & optimize new services that run at scale & solve challenging distributed coordination problems.
- Work with our product teams to build the next generation of products & services for our developers community.
- Drive architecture for complex products by determining current limitations & coming up with solutions.
- UseGo, Linux, GRPC, Kubernetes, Docker, MySQL, Chef, Git
What We'll Expect From You:
- Significant experience as a software engineer, developer, or programmer building software used by 1000s of users
- Expertise with at least one of the following languages: Go, Python, C/C++, Java
- Experience with large scale distributed systems programming
- Record of creating sweeping improvements in stability, performance & scalability across major business-critical systems
- Bonus: Familiarity with Chef, Ansible and/or Puppet
- Ability to contribute throughout all phases of the development lifecycle from conception through design, development, deployment & ultimately operation
- A commitment to monitoring & observability
- Operational familiarity with Linux servers
- Systems thinking
- Strong opinions, weakly held
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!