Who we are:
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
We are seeking a Project Manager to lead critical Product delivery workstreams across our Learning Platform & Content Management Systems teams.
The Project Manager is responsible for the management & overall operations of projects of various complexity, size & duration, helping to ensure the organization is poised to meet the objectives & goals of each project on time & on budget.
An enthusiastic problem solver who thrives on being engaged at all levels of delivery, the Project Manager acts as the key point of contact for both senior leadership & accountable project leads & acts as a servant leader to Agile delivery teams.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years hands-on technology project management experience
- Confidently collaborates with in-house General Assembly engineers, product managers, marketing & finance professionals, & senior leadership
- Leverages technical acumen & emotional intelligence to translate business needs & delivery capabilities across engineering & business stakeholder teams
- Track record of meeting deadlines consistently with multiple assignments occurring simultaneously & documenting progress
- Facilitate decision-making, issue resolution & consensus among the team members & dependent teams
- Balance personal ownership & accountability of immediate responsibilities with the flexibility & drive to jump in & fill gaps across the team as they arise
- Create a motivational, transparent, collaborative, fun, & trustful environment where teams can work efficiently & deliver high-quality products quickly
- Contribute to a culture of continuous optimization of workflow & processes across General Assembly; know when we should be strict & when we can be flexible
- A natural leader who easily commands the respect of the team & builds trusted relationships at all levels
- Acute attention to detail, ensuring accuracy & quality in all deliverables
- Strong oral & written communication skills, ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, scope technical requirements & support prioritization exercises
- Exceptional organizational skills & strong familiarity with management tools (ex: Jira)
- Experience working with remote / 3rd party team members in an Agile environment
- High degree of technical competency
- Advocate for autonomous, self-organizing, empowered, & continuously improving teams
- Model a philosophy of curiosity- & trust-based conflict resolution
- Actively reflect on your own behavior & continuously attempt to improve your most important asset - people, & their way of working
Its an added bonus if you have:
- Atlassian administration experience (Confluence, Jira)
- Lead an enterprise software rollout in an Agile environment