At Rent the Runway, our mission is to make women feel empowered & self-confident every single day by combining best in class technology, logistics, & customer service. Since our launch in 2009, weve developed proprietary technology, a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation, stores of the future, a viral brand, relationships with hundreds of fashion designers - & we are passionate about continuing to innovate our customer experience. We have pioneered the closet in the cloud & believe that every person globally will soon have a subscription to fashion. We are proud to be both a profitable & fast-growing business, with a loyal 11 million members who believe that rental is the future.
Accelerate at RTR is a highly selective, year-long rotational leadership development program designed to fastrack recent MBA graduates to leadership at Rent the Runway. In its inaugural year, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our leadership teams, diving into exciting projects that are unique to our complex business model. While embedded within the business, you will simultaneously participate in exclusive developmental programming such as 1 on 1 mentorship, exposure to executives, & leadership training.
During Accelerate, you will rotate through four key functions at RTR while gaining deep knowledge of our customer, platform, operations, & business strategy. Youll learn to see through the lens of our customer during your rotation with the Marketing team, understand how we optimize our platform while working with the Product team, & gain insight into the unique logistical challenges of rental at scale within our Operations. Finally, youll wrap up the year with a three-month business strategy elective.
Mentorship & Development
You will be assigned a Mentor who will support your professional development throughout the duration of the program, offering guidance & feedback as you rotate through the various functions. Additionally, you will participate in a customized curriculum of leadership development throughout the program.
- Be a graduate student completing an MBA in Spring of 2020
- Have a minimum of 3 years of business experience in any field
- Have leadership capabilities demonstrated through extracurricular activities, employment and/or internship experiences
- Lead like a founder, take ownership of all you do, & always think & act on behalf of the long term growth of RTR.
- Be scrappy, move quickly, & be willing to roll up your sleeves, get involved in high priority, cross-functional projects & come up with new, innovative solutions to exciting problems in a scaling unicorn company.
- Be comfortable communicating your strategy & vision to senior leadership - own it, lead a team, & deliver results.
- Must have work authorization in the U.S.