Squarespace is seeking an experienced & highly motivated professional to serve as its Head of Global Tax. You will report directly to our Chief Financial Officer & will guide our global tax structure including tax provision, tax planning & tax compliance. You will play a key role in strategic financial initiatives & lead the global tax team. You will be based out of our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Lead GAAP tax provision, tax reserves & related disclosures. Lead compliance (US Federal, US State & International), accounting for income taxes, technical research, process improvement, & internal controls
- Ensure compliance with US & international tax laws & regulations
- Create & execute a comprehensive tax strategy, assessing the tax impact of strategic initiatives, & driving tax decision-making
- Partner with our Legal team in Ireland on local tax matters (income tax, VAT, withholding tax, etc.)
- Work cross functionally with various stakeholders including Accounting, Treasury, Legal, HR, & Marketing
- Lead, develop, & mentor team a team of tax professionals
- 15+ years of professional experience in Tax with at least 5 years in a senior role with demonstrated experience managing a global tax function
- Experience with tax accounting for valuation allowances, treatment of stock compensation, international tax structure & cost sharing structures
- CPA license required, Masters in Tax preferred
- Deep technical expertise with demonstrated experience resolving complex tax issues
- Ability to quickly understand & integrate business objectives with tax strategies, & effectively communicate tax requirements to executive leadership
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.