Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We're looking for a skilled editorial manager to lead day-to-day operations for our growing content development team. The ideal candidate has a background in journalism or content marketing & proven experience overseeing content development workflows at all stages, from ideation to publication. You are comfortable leading a team of writers, editors & freelancers. You have the innovative spirit of a writer with the practical focus of an operations manager. You are a keen editor, capable of providing overarching feedback that improves a writers craft & elevates content at Mailchimp. You must be comfortable working cross-functionally & interfacing with leaders at all levels of the organization. You should be an advocate for high-impact, innovative content, & a champion of the talent & processes needed to create it.
What you'll do:
- Plan & manage daily editorial operations
- Hire, coach, & mentor a team of writers & editors
- Collaborate with Senior Marketing Manager to build out editorial strategies & calendar
- Plan, staff, & approve assignments for writers & editors
- Edit & evaluate copy for compliance with Mailchimp voice, tone, & style
- Create & curate resources to help writers hone their craft
- Build foundational processes to support content development & the larger business
- Work with content strategists to improve the performance of content over time
- Pitch content ideas & provide updates to senior team members
- Initiate & lead meetings with peers & cross-functional teams
- Partner with senior team members to develop & present new project briefs
- Help maintain Mailchimps Center of Content Excellence in an effort to uphold the quality & integrity of Mailchimp content
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 5+ years as a managing editor or relevant role
- Exceptional copywriting, editing, & proofreading skills
- Excellent written, verbal, & interpersonal communication skills
- Experience running a vertical at a digital publication
- Familiarity with managing an editorial calendar
- Acute attention to detail & organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership & problem-solving abilities
- Proven experience managing teams & planning/coordinating editorial operations
- Ability to work cross-functionally on multiple complex projects concurrently
- Awareness & understanding of contents role in strategic business goals
- Understanding of Mailchimp as a brand & product
- Ability to ideate interesting content relevant to Mailchimps various customer segments
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.