Asana has emerged as the leader in the work management category. Launched commercially in 2012, our success is linked to our culture, employees, & commitment to our mission: to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asanas unique business model & disciplined sales approach enables us to build a user-driven marketing & sales engine that can scale quickly & effectively. We have experience at the forefront of bottom-up enterprise software sales, helping customers scale from initial adoption to large, high-impact deployments.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Tokyo team who is driven, hard-working, & adaptable. This role will be instrumental in powering the Asana revenue engine through innovation & energy, consistently scaling our business & maximizing value for our customers. You'll join a talented team focused on helping our future customers understand & leverage the power of Asana.
What Youll Achieve
- Hunt & close new business opportunities within your book of business
- Help Enterprise organizations become more productive & collaborative by driving change through work management
- Work closely with SDRs, Field Marketing, & CS to coordinate in-person interactions with customers to develop champions
- Develop & leverage customer relationships to expand usage within new teams & departments
- Develop a quarterly plan to define the strategy for maximizing revenue in your territory
- Prove out top-down selling motions & methodologies
- Experiment with new processes that scale across Asana globally
- Native Japanese speaker with business level fluency in English
- 6+ years experience as an account executive in enterprise software
- 2+ selling in the Enterprise segment
- Selling & supporting SaaS business models
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- The instincts to recognize organizational, financial & behavioral structures & obstacles
- Experience working with internal marketing, business, & product teams to find efficient paths to successful & profitable customers
- Demonstrable experience developing territories
- The continued use of a repeatable sales process - MEDDIC, Challenger, etc.
- Creation of & adherence to account plans
- Ability to land net new customers in a competitive market
- Good person!
- Salesforce proficiency
- Experience during the scaling of a software or SaaS sales organization
- Global Account Management (GAM) experience
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.