Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- We fund $375 million in home loans per month
- Weve funded more than $4 billion in loans since our inception in 2016
- Were #964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over $254 million from our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Better.com is looking for a capable Technical Project Manager to deliver program management to the IT & Security teams. This role will work closely with the CISO & Head of IT to make sure goals are clearly defined, resourced & delivered on time & within budget while following proper SDLCs & ITIL practices
- Develop project & development plans & oversee project execution in partnership with technical leads & managers.
- Manage project & team priorities within JIRA & other project tooling, utilizing agile practices.
- Assist in taking in & documenting internal customer issues & complaints, ultimately helping to bring resolutions to these issues.
- Define & implement structured release cadences & maintenance cycles, including forecasting, tracking & reporting of resources & needs to execute.
- Manage change requests to minimize scope creep & keep projects on schedule
- Coordinate & communicate across multiple teams where needed to deliver information to relevant parties of a project
- Proactively solve day to day problems, evangelize projects & manage escalation of issues to relevant parties.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in Project Management, preferably in Security or IT teams.
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies including but not limited to Agile, Kanban, Waterfall & hybrid approaches
- Knowledge of project management software, specifically JIRA, Visio/LucidChart, Confluence, & MS Project or Smartsheets.
- An ability to manage multiple cross-functional projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task & meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, communication, prioritization & conflict resolution skills
- Able to take initiative & lead when required
- Strong verbal & written communication skills & excellent interpersonal skills; ability to motivate teams
- Understanding and/or certification under PMP, ITIL. Other project management certifications & experience also a plus
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.