The Analytics team is looking for a leader to develop strategies & insights that drive operational excellence in all of our regions across North America. Your team will be responsible for understanding the drivers of growth at the market level & you will develop analyses that identify trends & opportunities to unlock new sources of business growth. We are looking for a data-driven operational expert who knows how to move fast, work cross-functionally, & take insights into action.
The ideal candidate will have experience scaling a team, working with large data sets, & will have experience in data-driven decision making. You will be a great fit if you have a strong bias towards action, enjoy finding patterns amidst chaos, & have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive business impact. Were looking for someone who has the technical skills to surface insights quickly, & the interpersonal skills to communicate those insights in a way that persuades action.
What youll do
- Provide insights to help business & product leaders understand marketplace dynamics, user behaviors, & long-term trends
- Identify & quantify levers to help move key metrics
- Conduct deep-dives to build & execute improvement strategies with our Strategy & Ops teams
- Collect, process, & clean data from disparate sources using SQL, R, Python, or other scripting & statistical tools; and
- Managing the design, execution, & analysis of experiments; driving rigor & testing culture through our operations teams
- Use quantitative analysis & the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers & understand what drives our business
- Mentor & guide junior analysts on how to use more advanced methods to solve problems
- Drive company initiatives by identifying key metrics & building executive-facing dashboards to track progress
- Monitor & analyze key performance metrics, understanding root causes of changes
- Build data sets & reporting tables to facilitate exploratory analysis
- Present in key meetings & business reviews with our executive team & founders
- 5+ years of experience in a data analytics, consulting, or other quantitative role
- An ability to write very complex SQL queries. ETL experience a plus
- Skilled at running cross-functional relationships & communicating with leadership across multiple organizations
- A deep understanding of statistical analysis (e.g. hypothesis testing, experimentation, regressions) & familiarity with statistical packages, such as Matlab, R, SAS or Python
- Proficiency in one or more analytics & visualization tools (e.g. Chartio, Tableau)
- Exceptional business & communication skills. Strategy consulting experience or other client-facing professional services experience is a plus
- Self-starter attitude. Youre someone who can initiate & drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Get-it-done mindset. Youre not afraid of long hours, able to handle stress well, humble & scrappy!
- Experience with marketplaces, logistics, or economics is a plus
Founded in 2013, DoorDash is a San Francisco-based technology company passionate about transforming local businesses & dedicated to enabling new ways of working, earning, & living. Today, DoorDash connects customers with their favorite local & national restaurants in more than 1,000 cities across the United States & Canada. By building intelligent, last-mile delivery technology for local cities, DoorDash aims to connect people with the things they care about one dash at a time.