Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events & critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster & stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI & machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, & determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security & PR/communications professionals know & act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets & brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices,attained unicorn status after our recent investment round,and been referred to as the super tool of journalists & hedge funds."Weve received numerous awards & accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the worlds 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 & joining Forbes definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 & 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity & drive on an individual level & live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table & regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work & have fun.
Who you are:
You're a technology professional with experience supporting enterprise-level users in a fast-paced, demanding environment. You bring top-notch communication skills, a passion for troubleshooting, & a patient & cheerful attitude to provide outstanding customer experiences every day.
You have extensive experience in providing email & phone support to assist customers with product questions & issues. You're experienced in knowledge-centered support as well as creating & maintaining a knowledge base of product content.
You're excited about becoming a Dataminr product expert & providing customer & technical support to our existing Dataminr customers.
- Become a product expert & proactively learn to support new features as they are developed
- Answer customer questions about product functionality
- Perform detailed technical troubleshooting of application & customer environment issues
- Work with internal teams to include Product, Engineering, Sales, Operations, etc. in identifying product defects, testing & designing solutions.
- Document all customer interactions & resolutions in our support ticketing system
- Be an active contributor to our technical knowledge base & other support documentation.
- Ability to work Tuesday through Saturday 9:00am-5:00pm ET
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4-5 years experience in a customer facing technical support role (technical, not IT); experience with SaaS companies & startups a plus.
- A commitment to providing extraordinary customer experiences & tenacity to drive issues to resolution
- Must be able to communicate complex technical terms in an easy to understand, non-technical manner
- Experience authoring, structuring & administering documents for training & knowledge bases
- Experience managing multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment while meeting critical SLAs & deadlines.
- Ability to establish priorities & work independently in the absence of immediate supervision and within a team
- Strong analytical ability paired with strong organizational skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience using Zendesk, Jira & Salesforce a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.