Title: Designer UI/UX
The backbone of the healthcare system is communication between patients & their doctors, among healthcare teams, & even between practices & third-party providers like pharmacies, labs, & insurance companies.
But healthcare communication today is broken. Its disconnected, siloed, antiquated, & highly inefficient & in worst-case scenarios, its even responsible for lost patient lives.
Were trying to fix that. Klaras mission is to transform communication in healthcare, so all patients can receive great care.
We believe that the future of healthcare will be amazing. It will be patient-centric & truly connected so medical teams can work together easily, information can be shared between people & systems seamlessly, & patients can always get the high-quality care that everyone deserves.
Though our mission is big, our team is still small. And thats where you come in.
We are a Series A startup thats growing quickly, with plenty of interesting challenges to tackle & foundations to build. Its an entrepreneurial environment filled with opportunities for personal growth, where there is no shortage of projects to own or game-changing ideas to suggest. We are autonomous, data-driven, humble, & transparent. We have a healthy irreverence for the status quo, & a relentless passion for making our users lives better. And we believe in the power of a talented team that can accomplish anything even revolutionizing healthcare.
About the Role
As a UX/UI Designer, you will create engaging & cohesive experiences that identify & anticipate user needs. You will remain involved throughout the design lifecycle, from ideation through development & into testing, to ensure the delivery of solutions that are as useful as they are elegant. You will conduct research & user testing efforts to provide actionable recommendations to shape our information architecture & user experience. Ultimately, you will make our product more user-friendly & intuitive to attract & retain customers.
This role will require the ability to multitask, project manage & quickly grasp the intricacies of our users workflows. The position demands a hands-on & results-oriented individual with strong communication & problem-solving skills.
- Understand product specifications & user psychology.
- Define Jobs to be Done through user research & data.
- Conduct concept & usability testing, & gather feedback.
- Develop wireframes & prototypes around customer needs.
- Communicate design ideas & prototypes to your team & developers.
- Establish metrics to measure effectiveness, collaborate on design experiments, & drive continuous improvements.
- Provide actionable recommendations to shape our information architecture & user experience.
- Help shape the strategy for our design & UX work-through recommendations from data, user testing, & best practices.
- Identify opportunities for standardization & reuse in our work.
- Keep abreast of competitor products & industry trends.
- Be a strong & persuasive advocate for our users.
This position requires a passionate, creative, & motivated individual who understands the importance of putting the user first. We need a designer who takes into account business objectives, user needs, experience principles, & industry best practices to inform engaging, purposeful solutions governed by big-picture strategic thinking. Above all, we value experienced, self-aware & self-directed individuals, capable of being amazing team players, across design, product, & engineering.
- 3+ years as UX Designer/Researcher at a SaaS company, ideally some of it spent at an early stage, series A or B startup.
- Our customers are in the US. Interacting with them (research, user testing, etc.) is one of your main responsibilities.
- Fluent in spoken & written English.
- Willingness to work flexible hours.
- Mastery of common, modern design & prototyping tools (Sketch, Invision, etc.).
- A purposeful aesthetic sense, with an eye for detail & a demonstrated understanding of typography, color, & layout.
- Great team player, able to communicate & collaborate in a remote, distributed work environment. You take joy in motivating & inspiring others.
- Deep understanding of UX research & design principles & methodologies.
- Ability to understand complex systems & requirements, & translate them to simple yet compelling experiences.
- Ability to conduct research & user testing, & translate them into actionable results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced & dynamic environment where proactive problem-solving skills are essential.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in order to meet milestones & deadlines.
- Ability to present & defend design decisions to colleagues & project stakeholders.