Glossier is a digital-first beauty company on a mission to inspire everyone to find joy & confidence in their personal beauty style. We create physical, digital, & offline experiences inspired by our community that foster connection, inspire a sense of belonging, & invite people to participate in Glossier. We are inclusive, customer-devoted, curious, courageous, discerning, & results-driven.
We are a people-powered beauty ecosystem, leveraging unique & engaging online & offline experiences as well as consumer participation to fuel our growth. In 7 years, we have built an iconic brand that has revolutionized how consumers, & how the industry, think of beauty. The foundational DNA of our brand is resonant across generations, timeless, & ripe for building upon. Our next step is to bring Glossier to more people in more places.
In order to drive the next level of growth for our brand & business, we are looking for a VP of Supply Chain & Operations to build out our competency in beauty supply chain expertise. This leader will evolve our business model via a strategic, scalable, nimble supply chain that provides a foundation for future growth, & drive operational efficiencies via our Operations & Logistics network. This role will oversee Commercialization, Quality, Operations, & Logistics. This role will report to the Chief Commercial Officer.
- Own the sourcing & production for Glossiers product line, including primary & secondary components, while driving significant cost improvements
- Manage the Glossier supply chain from strategic planning to POs to production, ensuring maximum efficiency, highest profit & minimal lead times
- Work with Product Marketing to identify new, high-quality manufacturing partners across hard & soft goods as well as fill & assembly labs. Lead the relationships with key partners across the Supply Chain
- Establish KPIs for vendor reporting across all manufacturing partners to evaluate cost, quality, & performance. Implement process for managing against KPIs & driving steady improvement across direct & indirect functional oversight
- Drive Gross Margin improvement through rigorous process management, target setting & discipline, cross functional collaboration, & COGS optimizations
- Make sourcing, production & procurement decisions that improve profitability, quality, service, customer satisfaction & team engagement
- Work cross-functionally with Design, Marketing & Product to launch new programs within budget that create value for our customers, brand, & partners
- Oversee the logistics & operations network of 3PLs globally (currently in US & UK), inbound & outbound freight, & carrier networks
- Develop & drive an optimized fulfillment strategy across 3PLs, retail stores, & other nodes to ensure efficient inventory utilization & cost efficiencies
- Partner with Finance & Planning to drive optimal inventory management & operational efficiencies cross the network
- Lead & develop the Supply Chain & Operations teams, developing a strong bench of functional experts, & optimizing the organization for talent, efficiency & effectiveness of delivery
- Proven experience leading supply chain at a product manufacturing company, with 15+ years experience. Deep supply chain experience in the beauty industry
- Proven record driving efficiency in supply chain & increasing gross margins
- Experience leading operations & logistics teams
- Balance between entrepreneurial flexibility with deep rigor & sound process
- Strong negotiation skills with experience in sourcing, planning & international manufacturing
- Track record of managing a high performing team, & strong experience managing people managers
- Thoroughly detail oriented & deadline obsessed
- A creative aptitude/appreciation with a strong grasp of the Glossier brand
NOTE: Glossier requires all newly-hired employees whose job responsibilities require them to work from a Glossier office or retail location or require them to travel, work in person with vendors or others or participate in creative productions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Glossier is an equal opportunity employer & will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state or local law.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. It has been & will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, & termination.