Associate Creative Director - Technology
Some Background On Us...
Magnet Media is seeking an Associate Creative Director to provide our accounts team with an experienced team member who thrives on creating incredible, story-driven brand campaigns, while providing guidance & ideas to other team members on their projects.
The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys a diversity of work --from pitching to executing; & across digital storytelling formats (video, social, podcast, etc). The goal is to achieve the best possible outcome of projects --from a storytelling & creativity perspective-- while meeting client expectations & driving business goals.
Three things to note about us: first, we are not a traditional agency in the sense that we have not focused our work on traditional advertising. Instead, weve been at the forefront of brand storytelling since its inception, & believe the best marketing work balances world class creative storytelling values with business growth. Second, we work in small teams that are vertically integrated --focused around industry specializations. This provides the intimacy of a small team, with the benefit of a larger organization (though we pride ourselves on remaining independent, & are still very much a boutique.)
Third, we are not a purely creative studio, in the sense that we do not make stand-alone art, media or entertainment. All our work is produced on behalf of brands, so its critical that the candidate appreciates the discipline of marketing, & collaborates successfully with our clients & team to achieve business outcomes for our clients. This means engaging with our think / make / reach approach to all of our projects. (More on this philosophy on our website!)
The Basics on Who We Are...
Magnet Media is an award-winning creative storytelling studio, & we believe using storytelling + data is the best way to drive meaningful business results. Our team comprises world-class strategists, marketers & creative storytellers who use our THINK / MAKE / REACH approach to develop holistic solutions for our clients brands.
Magnet helps marketing leaders discover & share their stories, engage their target audiences, & ultimately drive actions that deliver on their business goals. Our strategic & creative capabilities have kept us at the forefront of digital media for more than 20 years, working side by side with many of the fastest moving companies in the world, helping them derive business value from a suite of content solutions. Magnet Media's current clients include Google, JP Morgan Chase, Adobe, Snap, Cedar, Goldman Sachs and dozens of other world-class brands. We specialize in video, podcasting, social media storytelling & virtual events. We also have a community of 25,000 creative & strategic marketing leaders who engage with our community, The State of the Story. That community gathers annually at our Story Summit, frequently references our annual trends reports, & relies on our network to build their careers & their business.
This Roles Responsibilities...
- Develop & produce creative concepts & strategies based on the unique needs of each client & project
- Serve as Head Producer on our many strategic & top tier accounts
- Understand our client's business & value in order to fully convey the benefits, & bring their value proposition to life in a creative way for an audience
- Appreciates the opportunity to co-create with influencers, and/or collaborate with directors & talent
- Oversee post-production of videos & podcasts (to ensure storyboards, animations & editors cuts meet the project's vision)
- Serve as final check-point for our team's projects (from a creative standpoint) to ensure creative consistency & the brands standards are met
- Ensures projects are completed in timely manner (in partnership with our FT project management team)
- Respond well to & incorporate client feedback while maintaining the integrity of the storytelling
What Skills are Required to Succeed...
- Social & cultural awareness
- Artistic talent, style & taste --and a creative spirit
- Expertise in marketing & integrated campaign development (metrics, integrated campaigns, content strategy)
- Passion & talent for storytelling (emotional, stylish, moving, practical / educational)
- Production experience (loves multiple types of production - video, podcast, influencers, social; enjoys --and is good at!-- scoping & pricing custom content projects)
- Talent for conceptual development, & pitching campaigns (demonstrating unique ideas, professionalism, & high EQ)
- Decisiveness, & conviction of their beliefs (pitching with passion!)
- Persuasive communication skills (must communicate in a way that convinces stakeholders that their creative ideas can drive business objectives.)
- Bonus: Technology Industry Knowledge, and/or a Passion for the Industry
What Wed like to see in our Ideal Candidates Qualities...
- Highly collaborative, accustomed to working with & understanding the needs of various internal & external partners
- Outstanding leadership & organization skills
- Exemplary interpersonal & analytical abilities
Life at Magnet: Some Final Thoughts...
Since our inception 20 years ago, weve continued to uphold our original mission of telling stories that matter, so that we live in a more inclusive & equitable world. This means having an intentional focus on including people of color, veterans, LGBTQIA+, people from different faiths, cultures, & religions...as well as people from different backgrounds & experiences: up-and-coming artists & digital strategists, seasoned professionals in the twilight of their careers, single dads & moms, little people, parents returning to work after raising children...from brand new citizens to those whose family came over on the Mayflower, from junior protegs to sage, experienced talent. Ideas that originate from inclusive, diverse teams are the fuel that drives our most meaningful storytelling.
At Magnet, youll find talents from around the world with a variety of experiences bonding over coffee, video games, books, pets, sports, interior design, music, the latest meme or streaming series. We believe in working smart, & prioritizing our mental health, thats why we require our team members to take paid self-care day once every quarter. We also enjoy getting together (when health & safety permit!) company-wide lunches every month, social outings every quarter, & bi-annual gatherings designed to destress & catch up with each other.
We are headquartered in New York City, with FT staff on the west coast. We are currently operating remotely.
Note: For this role, it is not required to be in-office FT.
*Please include work samples and/or reel with your application.