WHO WE'RE SNIFFIN' FOR:
We are seeking a Marketplace Operations leader to join our logistics/Supply Chain team. The position will report to the VP of Logistics & be responsible for scaling our direct to consumer operation in multiple locations building a best in class distribution model for our Amazon, Walmart & other drop ship customers. The role requires a high energy Self Starter with experience in FBA & SFP models using both 3PL & proprietary distribution channels. This individual will have complete COGS ownership for distribution, transportation, 3PL & storage costs while hitting the ground running to overhaul our dynamically growing business.
- Develop diversified fulfillment operations that can support the rapid growth of the Marketplaces business across new marketplaces.
- Optimize operations to save costs & gain more margin for the business.
- Own all communications around fulfillment operations & performance to ensure the team is aligned & informed.
- Establish & continuously optimize processes to improve reliability & cost efficiencies for Marketplaces fulfillment including:
- Fulfilling products direct to marketplaces customers via our own warehouses
- Transferring products to be fulfilled through marketplace distribution
- Kitting & de-kitting product bundles as required.
- Report on all fulfillment operations costs & metrics, including: Warehouse Storage, Transfers, Outbound Fulfillment, Amazon Fulfillment Costs & Warehouse Operations.
- Manage communication & collaboration with cross functional teams including:
- Partnering with the Planning team to ensure understanding of projected fulfillment needs.
- Working with the Inbound team to ensure POs are en-route on time.
- Managing the Warehouse receiving POs, & the reconciliation process.
- Collaborating with Finance to ensure accurate reporting of costs.
- Working with the GM of the Marketplaces business to understand business priorities, & report on key metrics.
- Manage a range of Warehouse Operations functions including but not limited to:
- Order Management
- Container Tracking
- Receiving & Stocking
- Inventory Control
- Strategic 3PL Partnerships
- Cancellations & Order Retention
- Bi-Coastal Replenishment
- KPI Reporting
- Bachelors degree in Supply chain/Industrial Engineering or other relatable field
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in warehouse/Drop ship distribution models
- Experience in both BtoB & DtoC Ecommerce organizations with track record of high growth.
- End to end Supply Chain experience in Ecommerce is critical
- Expertise with Amazon & Walmart marketplace distribution a must
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Ability to adapt to a rapidly growing environment.
- A quick, creative & critical thinker.
- Ability to work independently & collaborate as a team in multiple locations.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Operations liaison with Marketplace GM & planning department
- Familiarity with the pet industry, dog food industry, and/or dog nutrition is a plus
- MUST LOVE DOGS and their people
BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 50 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
But what kind of company is BARK? It's a company that has gone to the dogs. We are committed to a culture that is open, inclusive, generous, & enthusiastic just like our pups. United by this dog-obsession, we embrace diversity of all stripes & spots. If your camera roll is 90% pictures of your dog, you belong here.
At BARK, we know that dogs aren't pets; they're family. Our people crazy dog people believe that their dogs deserve the best. The best treats, the best toys, the best seat on the couch. Together, we're driven to be the people our dogs think we are.