Kobalt was founded in 2000 with a mission: Make the music industry fairer & rewarding for creators.
We wanted to give creators, our artists, songwriters, musicians, labels & publishers, the freedom & transparency they needed to build their careers.
Today, Kobalt does exactly that. Our music technology services including Publishing, Recordings, Synchronization & the worlds first Global Digital Collection Society are trusted by some of the worlds greatest artists, & we represent more than 40% of the top 100 songs & albums in the U.S. & U.K. And its not just the big names we help. Our open platform allows new & upcoming artists & writers all over the world to get access to invaluable insights that help boost their musical careers.
Having undergone difficult times in the late 90s due to piracy, the music industry resurged due to streaming & curated online services & is now on a path of explosive growth as music becomes more ubiquitous than ever & distributed all over the world. Furthermore, data is today generated & collected at an unprecedented rate, through social media, marketing & other digital platforms.
As leaders in music technology, we are riding a rapid growth wave & scaling our systems & products to cope with current & future demand, while also building new innovative products that not only enable better decision making, increased efficiency but also help maximise revenue for creators.
As a Senior Engineering Manager at Kobalt Music, you will help shape the organisation & have real impact on the future of music.
You will support in building diverse, cross-functional, highly efficient & highly-skilled engineering teams aligned to the AWAL business unit. You will be passionate about empowering people & creating autonomous teams. As you build teams around you, youll care deeply about the careers of the engineers you manage & support them on their learning journey & in meeting their full potential.
You will also not lose track of technology & get involved hands-on regularly & ensure engineering excellence in all we do. You will be pragmatic about technologies, have a natural curiosity & will be a keen contributor to open source projects if it already exists, use it.
Finally, youll demonstrate great drive in continuing to build an inclusive culture & in having a strong focus on our helping our customers succeed.
.WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO US
- In-depth knowledge of business needs & ability to translate into viable technical solutions
- Experience leading engineering teams at scale & in particular are experienced in defining technology roadmaps & giving direction on business strategy
- Care about people development & management, & build effective teams that are focused on delivering great products & technology
- You will be a problem solver with the ability to come up with creative solutions.
- Technology knowledge, specifically in service-oriented architecture, microservices & developing & operating highly scalable data centric services & web applications
- Experience of implementing best practices, agile methodologies, continuous delivery & experimentation
WHAT YOU WILL GET IN RETURN
- The autonomy to have tremendous impact in shaping the strategy & the future of a global, leading multi-rights platform, handling billions of transactions.
- The opportunity to work alongside incredibly creative people across the entire business, & to have an impact on the lives of creators all over the world
- The freedom to work on projects outside your immediate area of focus
- The chance to mentor & develop others eager to learn, making use of your extensive experience & deep domain knowledge
- An environment where learning & development is encouraged & expected, with access to Udemy, BookBoon & more
- Regular Tech Meetups hosted in the office on a range of topics from Scala to Agile Leadership
- Wellbeing - we care about your physical & mental health & offer you subsidised gym memberships, a cycle to work scheme, sports clubs, office yoga & (almost) daily meditation classes
- A great office with everything you need to do your job & enjoy your place of work including fresh fruit & cereal, fantastic open space on our roof & shower facilities
- Our infamous Kobalt Socials including quarterly-company wide rooftop parties & regular team socials, beers/wine/soft drinks on a Friday & the odd famous person doing a gig in our kitchen
- A great salary in addition to a generous pension scheme (up to 5% matched)
- Peace of mind - we offer comprehensive health cover
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. Verification checks will be conducted during the interview process & a full DBS check on acceptance of offer. Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.