Role & Responsibility
As a lead security engineer you will take on a cloud & network security subject matter expert role in our growing security team. The security engineering team builds amazing infrastructure, tools, & detections that support the security of Appian corporate assets globally.
You will be involved in all areas of Appian security infrastructure design, operation, & monitoring. You will work in a dynamic information security team involving cloud computing technologies & multiple security frameworks. You will be responsible for security infrastructure integration, tuning, & security projects that are continuously evaluating the threat-landscape for Appians operations & service offerings.
- Have worked as a subject matter expert in cloud based technologies (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- 5+ years experience in security technology
- Very strong knowledge about networking protocols & technologies - TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Experience with security architecture design, scaling issues, & technology integration
- Experience with scripting languages, API integrations, security data correlation
- Experience providing network architecture security guidance to other engineers
- Experienced with system design relating to event correlation & analysis from a variety of sources - NIDS, HIDS, WAF, Logs, etc.
- Has worked in a senior level capacity in security operations center or IT operations
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Expert knowledge of security controls requirements & security best practices of IaaS & PaaS
- Experienced with assessing network security technologies & configurations
- Track record of working in global high-scalable environment
- Ability to work independently
Appian Corporation is anequalopportunity/affirmative actionemployer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration foremploymentwithout regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker,Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.