Were looking for talented designers who want to learn more about a life crafting beautiful digital design. Whether youre a photo-comping wizard, grid-adhering fanatic, or kerning-obsessed typographer, Critical Mass can introduce you to a career in design.
Youll work with our entire creative team to help shape the look & feel of creative assets were working on. Our broad roster of clients ranges from international banks to major airlines to cosmopolitan cities on the ocean so youll be exposed to a variety of different design approaches.
Were firm believers in cross-discipline thinking. So youll also get the chance to see how copywriters, strategists, art directors, technologists & project managers go about their business & what that means to you as designer.
This 12-week internship commences May 25, 2021.
- Working with a mentor to design solutions that meet or exceed strategic objectives
- Collaborate with a team to create interactive design concepts
- Have the opportunity to create mood boards; storyboards; interactive page layouts; site grids & interface demos; photo retouching & enhancements; animated GIFs
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables
- Build & maintain a team rapport with entire multidisciplinary project team
- Strong design portfolio (you must include a portfolio URL or digital samples with your application)
- Completed or working towards a degree at a recognized college or university program; recent grads also encouraged to apply
- Preference may be given to students who are enrolled in programs with related to design, visual communications or advertising
- Strong visual, interactive & graphic design skills.
- Solid working knowledge of the latest design toolsets - Mac OS, Photoshop & Illustrator
- Comfortable brainstorming & contributing to the bigger idea.
- Ability to articulate creative ideas
- Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail
- An understanding of information architecture & hierarchy
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity & the web
- Passion for design & eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Illustration in both electronic & traditional media is an asset.