BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
The Design Project Coordinator assists the Branded Design Team with the management of branded design programs from pre-sale through launch.
This position is based either in our Los Angeles or New York office. We offer competitive compensation & a stock option program. Not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks ranging from snacks & drinks to special events & screenings.
- Track & route incoming opportunities in the design process
- Log & maintain a design pipeline up to date information on all programs
- Approve & create when necessary design production schedules, & update it throughout the program life cycle
- Facilitate internal communication between multiple internal stakeholders throughout pitch & execution process
- Ensure all internal creative approvals are given on time
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to develop process
- Schedule relevant calls & meetings pertaining to large programs or special projects
- Provide support for the Design Director on team organization & special projects
- Provide occasional day to day program support on high touch projects
- 1-2 years of experience at an agency or competitive media or publishing company
- Advanced knowledge of design, video, or media operations including workflows & processes
- Strong knowledge of google sheets (formulas & sheet optimizations)
- Strong communication skills required
- Ability to work under pressure & with many styles of executives, communicators, program managers & subject matter experts, both at the corporate & business levels
- Knowledge of marketing and/or video branding
- Motivated by creative excellence
- No Haters
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe we benefit from the diverse perspectives within & across our teams. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment practices.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.