At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a motivated & organized Operations Specialist to join the Lyft family, full-time. In this role, you will be the face of Lyft, meeting with applicants, current drivers & Lyft Rentals/Express Drive customers at our local facilities. This role is the heartbeat of our local operations & provides immediate exposure to the inner workings of a fast paced, innovative company in hyper growth mode. If you consider yourself to be a problem solver, can find comfort in ambiguity, & enjoy daily challenges, you just passed the first test!
This role requires someone who strives for operational excellence, loves working with people, & is highly interested in helping Lyft continue to build this incredible ride-sharing movement! Lets chat! (Internal Business Title is Community Associate)
- Guide drivers through the onboarding process
- Support applicants & drivers with your knowledge of the Lyft platform & local market nuances
- Perform pre & post applicant outreach to get drivers approved & on the road
- Work with current drivers to solve any issues that they may have
- Work on various special projects - managing logistics, timelines, & stakeholders - as dictated by unique business needs in an emerging market
- Uphold Lyfts high standard of service while working with all drivers & representing the Lyft brand both on & off the clock
- Assist with vehicle transportation & preparation (where applicable)
- Work a flexible schedule: this is a full-time role that requires availability on evenings & weekends at some locations
- 1+ year of experience in an in-person customer service role such as in retail, technical support or hospitality preferred
- Familiarity with the local market is a plus
- Computer literacy & savviness will go a long way
- Great customer service & problem-solving skills
- Excellent, clear verbal & written communication skills
- What should come easy to you: patience, problem identifying & solving, de-escalating situations, teamwork, & self-governance
- A teamwork & collaborative mindset is a must
- Proficiency in other languages is considered a plus!
- Must have a valid driver's license & is comfortable transporting vehicles
- Must have a satisfactory driving record & is insurable under Lyft's policy
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.