Company Description|Job Description
ACommon Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa isthe best way to pay & be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision & thecommon purposethat unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people & businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics & FIFA World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, & excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers anuncommon opportunityto build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience & security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team & find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Finance partners with teams across Visa to provide accurate, reliable & timely support for business transactions & decisions. The Visa Finance team is committed to leading by example while encouraging growth & fiscal integrity.
We strive to provide excellent service, which to us means having:
- Consistent policies, processes & systems
- Timely, effective & cost efficient execution
- A highly responsive customer-service mentality
This is a unique opportunity & calls for an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional.The payoff is that the Summer Intern will have direct access & exposure to senior management & will participate in the analysis, execution, & presentation of key project or financial results & recommendations for Visa Leadership.
As a Finance Intern you will have the chance to:
- Participate in Executive Speaker Series' led by Senior Leadership
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Finance Team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
Help manage corporate cash & investment portfolios, foreign exchange exposure & rate setting, capital & debt strategy, liquidity management, settlement & insurance programs worldwide across most of the Visa entities.
- Provideinsight into business drivers & performance
- Storyboardand execute analytical outlook & communication materials for leadership; Identify & communicate main implications from analysis
- Preparefinancial review packages including variance, scenario, & sensitivity analysis
- Leadproject, execute & develop a set of recommendations for a key business pain point
- Meetand engage business stakeholders to refine project scope & approach
- Identifyfocus areas, perform analysis & execute project
- Developoverall project presentation, recommendations & next steps
- Collaborateand build partnerships across Finance & Business unit teams
- Partnerwith cross functional stakeholders to look at business drivers, options for decision making & to make recommendations
- Jointlydevelop in-depth business cases for investments
- Understandstakeholder needs to identify opportunities to introduce new tools & improve analysis used for decision making
- B.S.or B.A. in technical field (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, etc.) with3-5 years of experience with progressively increasingresponsibility
- Pursuing an MBAfrom leading business school
- Experiencein Fortune 1000 technology, financial services or manufacturing firmpreferred
- Highlyarticulate & influential written & verbal communication skills
- Abilityto apply relevant financial theory & analysis for valuing alternatives
- Strongbusiness acumen for linking operational & results
- Collaborationand leadership skills for the development, coordination, implementationand satisfactory completion of a deliverable
- Highlyproficient with MS Excel & MS PowerPoint
- Comfortablewith rapidly changing environment & reprioritization of tasks
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.