Squarespace is powered by design. We offer a uniquely entrepreneurial, yet supportive culture, where ideas can come from anywhere & execution is everything. Our team is seeking a Senior Motion Designer to bring our products & brand to life through animations, prototypes, & videos. You possess strong conceptual design skills as well as the ability to tell compelling stories through motion.
You demonstrate respect for the details, a passion for the power of design, & a thorough understanding of how one affects the other. Youre constantly learning & mastering new tools as a means to realize your creative vision. You have knowledge in a wide array of technologies, techniques, & applications, with an expertise in one or two specialties. While you spend most of your time working in motion, your passion for design drives you to create polished final products from a rough initial direction.
This role reports to the Senior Design Manager in our New York office.
- Create proofs of concept that enhance digital experiences & help tell stories.
- Create animations & videos for a range of front-site projects (Squarespace.com), internal initiatives & brand campaign work, including campaign microsites & social.
- Collaborate with designers, art directors, & copywriters to craft stories through motion.
- Collaborate with designers to expand upon the brand system through motion
- Ability to foresee design & motion trends to keep Squarespace at the forefront of design for web.
- Portfolio of shipped work that shows motion as part of UI & UX experience.
- You are an expert in After Effects & knowledge about Premiere Pro.
- 3D skills in Cinema 4D or the like are a bonus.
- Have a passion for telling stories through motion, including storyboarding, editing footage, & motion graphics/animation.
- Are equally comfortable working autonomously & in collaborative cross-discipline teams.
- Have an eye for detailed design & can execute against a variety of aesthetics & styles.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.