Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Data is core to our growing business & has been ingrained in the company's DNA since its founding. The Operations Analytics team arms our warehouse, transportation, & customer service managers with data to measure performance & insights to drive continuous improvements. The team is responsible for data model management, defining & analyzing performance metrics, building reports, running experiments, & developing statistical models.
About the Job:
RTRs complex operation generates billions of records, representing inventory movements, machine metadata, labor actions, & customer touch points. We are looking for a Business Intelligence Analyst to develop & manage the crucial data models that describe our supply chain & warehouse operation. In this role, you will create rich reporting & data visualizations that enable functional leaders to quickly digest information & make decisions. You will partner with data scientists on the Operations Analytics team to define KPIs & set attainable, stretch goals that drive continuous improvement in the operation.
What Youll Do:
- Embed with operations managers to identify & understand data visibility gaps
- Work with product & engineering to ensure we collect data required to support operations business areas
- Create scalable, reusable datasets with appropriate architecture
- Build dashboards to showcase & disseminate key insights throughout organization
- Define & monitor KPIs in collaboration with the operation & data science
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Technology, Business or related fields; advanced degrees and/or specializations a plus
- 1-3+ years of hands-on experience with big data; high proficiency using relational databases & writing queries in SQL (experience with dimension modeling is a plus!)
- Experience with warehouse operation, transportation and/or eCommerce data is highly preferred
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Tableau or Looker
- Ability to communicate effectively with wide-range of audiences
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new tools/software
- Passion for data & its fundamental ability to create value
- Extremely curious & excited to dive into complex problems in supply chain & operations
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.