Dots is an independent mobile game studio based in NYC that creates unique games with thoughtful design. We have released three hit titles (Dots, Two Dots, & Dots & Co) with over 100 million downloads & with more projects on the horizon, we are looking to add to our diverse & talented team.
We are looking for an outstanding Project Manager to lead delivery for Dotss flagship product, Two Dots. Two Dots is a leading mobile puzzle game, played in 70+ countries & routinely featured on the Apple App Store & Google Play store. Development for the game encompasses multiple parallel work streams requiring close collaboration between cross-functional teams, which this role will be critical in facilitating. It is a full-time position based in our NYC office.
This roles objective is to enable the team to effectively execute the product roadmap & manage the various workstreams. You will provide project leadership, mitigate project risks, present & evaluate tradeoffs, & balance business needs & project constraints. Ability to deliver to both value & dates is essential.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to cultivate relationships amongst the team, combine strong understanding of modern technologies with a strong track record of delivering multi-dimensional projects in a fast paced environment, & be comfortable handling ambiguity.
- Deliver against the product roadmap while balancing timeline expectations, team velocity, & product quality
- Collaborate with Product, Technical, & Design leads to help plan the product roadmap on an regular basis
- Form clear & actionable delivery plans accounting for priorities, resources, cross-functional dependencies & risks
- Refine the projects SDLC on an ongoing basis & apply to various work streams
- Run & improve Agile ceremonies such as sprint planning, stand up, backlog grooming, & retrospectives
- Facilitate communication between development team & stakeholders, particularly to update project status, remove blockers, & surface unforeseen tradeoffs
- Maintain an effective change management process throughout the development teams workstreams
- Oversee the app update release process, including handling translation services, pushing the update, communicating rollout status, & monitoring app health
- Maintain the teams high morale & excitement about the work & contribution to Two Dots as well as company initiatives
- Help plan team hackathon events that are periodically held to generate creative, out of the box solutions for existing development or product issues
- 3+ years experience running production or project managing a software development team, ideally for a mobile B2C product
- Game development experience using Unity is a strong plus
- Hands-on experience engineering large scale B2C or mobile systems is a strong plus
- Experience with JIRA or similar project management tools
- Significant experience employing SDLC & Agile methodologies with a sizeable team & cross-functional disciplines
- Ability to juggle multiple intersecting priorities
- Familiarity with development cycles with an iterative, Live Ops cadence
- Proven track record project managing delivery of complex mobile or e-commerce products with large DAU across multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience delivering global mobile products is a plus
- Strong understanding of Live Ops cadence & principles is a plus
- Strong communication skills with ability to process complex series of information & lead a group towards concrete actions
- Highly detail oriented, organized, & comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Strong passion for mobile games, particularly free to play mobile titles (love for puzzle games a plus)
- Authorization to work in the United States