Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Manager to join our Marketing team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As the Senior Manager of Engagement Marketing, youll define & launch scalable engagement strategies that reach our 540k Individual & Family Plan (IFP) members focused on developing segmentation strategies & changing user behavior.
Youll develop a deep understanding of our IFP membership partnering with growth marketing, consumer insights, sales, & product marketing teamsto become an expert on which demographic, behavioral, & regional factors shape a members experience with Oscar & the health care system at large. Youll use these data-informed insights to build a cohesive, personalized member experience across a members lifecycle in support of long-term engagement. This role is also responsible for hiring & managing an associate on the team.
- Build personalized & differentiated engagement strategies that foster long-term member engagement: Work closely with stakeholders to develop a cohesive, consistent strategy across all engagement channels based on the needs of our IFP members. Youll also partner with the IFP lead on the growth marketing team to translate plan design & pricing decisions into engagement strategy.
- Partner with product marketing to develop Oscars re-engagement strategy: Work closely with Product Marketing, along with Communications Engineering & CRM to identify the most meaningful opportunities & tactics to re-engage members at scale. Youll couple your audience expertise & eye for brand strategy with product marketings deep understanding of adoption trends to test & learn which members segments respond to what & how to positively reinforce their engagement.
- Own & launch strategies to drive better health outcomes: Work closely with Population Health & Member Programs to identify the best strategies to change user behavior & drive enrollment in programs that support our members with chronic health conditions.
- Identify member trends & create opportunities for testing: Youll be the expert on IFP members & their segments, defining them, understanding what motivates them, how best to position our products to them, & when to communicate with them most effectively. Youll analyze your findings & proactively share them out with the team
- Support & inform the member engagement team. Understand differences-from regulatory requirements to preferred terminology & tone nuance--between our product lines & become a subject matter expert on the distinct ways that we speak with & educate our members. Youll support your product marketing & engagement marketing teammates & collaborate on shared initiatives across virtual care, member health journeys, retention, COVID-19 vaccine efforts, onboarding new members, & more.
6+ years of experience engaging consumers & driving digital engagement
3+ years of experience working closely with brand strategy & creative teams
3+ years of experience as a leader of a functional area or as a people manager
Proven track record of delivering against clear KPIs on a cross-functional team.
Experience in subscriptions, loyalty programs, digital apps, or other engagement-driven products
Experience experimenting with & applying behavioral economics to your work
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.