Zola is seeking a Junior Photographer extraordinaire to join our creative team. Our Junior Photographer will collaborate with the merchandising & creative teams to plan, produce & execute product photography within our registry categories including tabletop, kitchenware, bed, bath, & furniture. They will be motivated, organized & have a proactive, positive attitude. The successful candidate is equally comfortable planning, lighting & retouching as they are implementing organizational, file-sharing systems for our every-growing library of imagery. They will partner with the art director, creative coordinator, videographer & samples coordinator to maintain the studio (equipment, sets, process). Key metrics are excellent creative vision, effective organization & maximizing shot count per shoot. An interest in home & styling is a must!
- Planning, production, photography, styling & light retouching of product imagery
- Responsible for organizing, daily file renaming, uploading, & delivery of images
- Work with merchandising team to understand specific vendor style guidelines, shot count & deliverables
- Ensure consistency of image composition & lighting across various brands including Zolas private label collection
- Partners with studio manager & videographer to build & maintain camera & lighting equipment inventory
- Support occasional photography needs outside product still life: headshots, invitations/paper, on-site needs
- 1-3 years experience
- Bachelors degree in Photography, or equivalent
- Studio shooting experience for commercial clients is a plus
- Proficiency with all studio tools, lighting, technical software & systems
- Familiarity with all aspects of digital image quality & output: file size, light & color balancing, Photoshop
- A diverse portfolio that exhibits a refined aesthetic
- Ability to multitask, prioritize & excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Desire to learn & grow, self-motivated, positive attitude!