Clover is reinventing healthcare by working to keep people healthier.
We value diversity in backgrounds & in experiences. Healthcare is a universal concern, & we need people from all backgrounds & swaths of life to help build the future of healthcare. Clover's engineering team is empathetic, caring, & supportive. We are deliberate & self-reflective about the kind of engineering team & culture that we are building, seeking engineers that are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about aiding in each other's growth.
Were looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to help us build a revolutionary new health care business. Clover uses Machine Learning to leverage our data to help keep beneficiaries healthy & out of the hospital by getting them targeted care. By predicting avoidable adverse events, our machine learning infrastructure is central to executing on our central mission, & has a direct impact on our beneficiaries. You will help build systems & tools that support the data needs of a diverse organization & contribute to the expansion of the Machine Learning capabilities of our Data Platform.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will:
- Create, debug, interpret & improve production machine learning models.
- Design, implement & validate high-reliability, distributed platforms for machine learning.
- Build the tools & validation processes that help Clover translate insights into action at scale.
- Use existing commercial & open source tools where appropriate to create a robust production platform.
- Work closely with Clover's Data Science & Engineering teams to ensure that the Machine Learning Platform is providing real value.
- Document, iterate, & provide tutorials to ensure Data Scientists are able to use your tools easily.
You will love this job if:
- You want to create impact with your work by finding machine learning-driven insights in the data to unlock value & improve outcomes for real people.
- You are comfortable acting autonomously in ambiguous & dynamic environments.
- You value collaboration & feedback. You can communicate technical vision in clear terms to your teammates & across the technology team more broadly. You are willing & able to help your teammates grow by demonstrating best practices, providing (and receiving) respectful & constructive feedback, & sharing your unique insights with everyone.
- You enjoy working in a fluid environment, defining & owning priorities that adapt to our larger goals. You can bring clarity to ambiguity while remaining open-minded to new information that might change your mind.
- You are not hesitant to jump in to help fix things that are broken & you feel a great responsibility to make sustainable systems. You are happy to fill in the gaps to reach a goal where necessary, even if it does not always fit your job description.
- You have a genuine interest in what good technology can do to help people & have a positive attitude about tackling hard problems in an important industry.
You should get in touch if:
- You have 5+ years of experience in Machine Learning Engineering roles in technology enabled companies, healthcare experience preferred but not required.
- You have experience with Python, Python data science libraries (numpy, pandas, sklearn, tensorflow, pytorch, etc.), & deploying Python apps into production environments.
- You have a solid foundation in feature engineering, feature selection, & machine learning techniques.
- You have experience interpreting, modifying, & debugging the inputs & outputs of production machine learning models.
- You have both built & refactored complex distributed systems, especially machine learning systems.
- You have scaled the impact of other engineers & data scientists through mentorship, development of reusable libraries, & documentation.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records. We are an E-Verify company.
About Clover: We are reinventing health insurance by combining the power of data with human empathy to keep our members healthier. We believe the healthcare system is broken, so we've created custom software & analytics to empower our clinical staff to intervene & provide personalized care to the people who need it most.
We always put our members first, & our success as a team is measured by the quality of life of the people we serve. Those who work at Clover are passionate & mission-driven individuals with diverse areas of expertise, working together to solve the most complicated problem in the world: healthcare.
From Clovers inception, Diversity & Inclusion have always been key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & our employees are people with different strengths, experiences & backgrounds, who share a passion for improving people's lives. Diversity not only includes race & gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion & many other parts of ones identity. All of our employees points of view are key to our success, & inclusion is everyone's responsibility.