Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $86 billion last year to $161 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SKLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of San Francisco Business Times Best Places to Work, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What youll do:
- Execute, maintain & improve the test cases / test plans for game testing
- Report & track issues in JIRA
- Work with Product Management & Engineering to resolve issues as theyre discovered
- Deploy mobile games on iOS & Android devices for testing
- Contribute to the mission of QA, raising the bar of quality for every product
- Strongly familiar with mobile platforms (iOS & Android)
- 1+ years of relevant experience testing mobile apps
- Understanding of software testing principles
- Ability to execute & improve upon existing QA processes & workflows for testing production games
- Experience using defect tracking solutions (such as JIRA) strongly preferred
- Excellent written / verbal communication
- Experience with TestRail a plus
Hourly pay: $14/hr
Due to COVID, this opening is currently remote & eligible to anyone in the Las Vegas area. Attendance in office will be required in 2021 (or when safe to do so).
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.