Our ambitious goal of helping innovators build a better world with data started in 2009. Today, we are one of the fastest growing enterprise companies in history, exceeding $1B in revenue at the end of 2017.
The world is experiencing a technological revolution driven by AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing & self-driving cars -- all of which require large amounts of data & put Pures technology literally in the drivers seat. Our solutions deliver real-time, secure data to power critical production, DevOps, & modern analytics in multi-cloud environments. With a Satmetrix NPS score in the top 1% of B2B companies worldwide, our customer-first culture & commitment to innovation build a fast-growing company that employees, customers, partners, & investors love. For more information on our business, check out the corporate fact sheet here.
The Pure Storage Channel Technical Manager is a Senior level Technical Systems Engineer with broad industry experience. The Channel Technical Manager is aware of the trends in storage, is willing to mentor Channel Systems Engineers & Post sales at Partners. This role will require engagement with key Channel partners in region & education, training & certification of those partners. The role requires close communication with local SE management, coordinated collaboration with channel sales colleagues & partners, & a limited number of end customer relationships. Travel will be required within the assigned region. The role will require engagement with the Application Specialist team & Office of the CTO. It will also require regular engagement with corporate resources to help shape the goals of the role. Participation in regional events will be required.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Responsible for helping guide the Channel partners to deliver the best technology in a dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
- Become a trusted & collaborative conduit between channel sales & product management
- Identifying key trends & mapping partner challenges/needs with Pure Storages technology strategy; help ensure Pure has a large mindshare in these key partners
- Manage & maintain a partner systems engineering & possibly post sales community with regular updates
- Ability to speak with confidence on market needs & conditions relevant to Pures Channel partners
- Identify Channel partners business needs & align towards technical goals of the company & help assign priorities
- Help maintain the company technical culture in an effort to continue to retain & attract top technical talent
- Support competitive differentiation in bids
- Provide technical leadership & mentoring for the Partner SE organization
- Engaged in field marketing events, Channel technical enablement
- Delivery of Short to Medium term roadmaps
- Ability to Deliver Presentations on all core products (Pure1, Flashblade, FlashArray) & ancillary products (eg, ActiveCluster, etc) at advanced level
- Ability to demonstrate & install all Pure products
Qualifications & Requirements
- Extensive product experience across technology vendor(s)
- Strong technical prowess, including good working knowledge of storage, compute, database, networking, & virtualization technologies
- Professional Services background a plus
- Entrepreneurial, ambitious approach coupled with a strong passion to make a difference
- Ability to work collaboratively across the broader Pure Storage organization(s)
- Proficient in driving for results, with a sense of accountability & ability to change pace & focus in dynamically-evolving hyper-competitive environment
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, & Experience)
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience in Professional Services & technical presales
- Strong understanding in flash memory technologies, database technology
- Ability to present dynamically to a wide array of sponsors