This Is That Place where opportunity knocks. Our Walmart eCommerce team is obsessed with finding ways to help our customers live better, raising the bar for an entire industry along the way. Youll play a crucial role in shaping the future of shopping, working with crazy talented people in an environment that values kindness & transparency. With the energy of a startup & the scale of the Fortune One, its the ultimate innovators playground. Are you hungry to own your career & catapult ideas into action? Read on.
About the Role
This role is part of the Digital Acceleration organization & operates at the omnichannel intersection of stores & ecommerce. Our mission is to deliver a great experience for our customers no matter how or where they shop. We provide trustworthy & structured product data that enables customers to easily find, purchase, & receive the items they want, so they can save time & money, & live better.
As an Associate Product Manager on the Catalog Product team, you will interface with multiple functions including engineering, data science, merchandising, & operations. You will work with key stakeholders on the retail business side & help drive the vision, strategy, roadmap & execution of catalog services that enable customers to discover all our items across multiple journeys.
In this role, you will lead the strategy & development of the tooling & workflows for our product catalog. You will work closely with users & other product teams to define the use cases of the product & shape the future vision of the application, which serves thousands of users on a daily basis & serves as the window into our catalog of hundreds of millions of items.
- You are an extremely talented product manager with a drive to learn, grow & solve tough problems at scale.
- You have outstanding written & verbal communication skills that enable you to simplify complex problems & evangelize a strategy & roadmap to stakeholders.
- You have basic data science skills with a strong focus on execution.
- You are a proactive problem solver who operates effectively & independently, even in areas of uncertainty & ambiguity.
- You have a customer first approach to solving problems.
- You empower & inspire those around you to take action & innovate.
- 1-3 years of Product Management experience.
- Self-directed, well organized & proactive.
- Ability to learn & explain technical aspects of software.
- Strong interpersonal skills & leadership potential.
- Positive attitude, sense of humor & growth mindset.