Nexthink is a global leader in Digital Employee Experience. Our product allows enterprises to create highly productive digital workplaces for their employees by delivering optimal end-user experience. Through a unique combination of real-time analytics, automation & employee feedback across all endpoints, Nexthink helps IT teams meet the needs of the modern digital workplace.
Headquartered in Switzerland, Nexthink also has offices in France, UK, Germany, Spain, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia & the US. Our growing team of Nexthinkers is proud to be making the digital work lives of seven million employees across 1,000 customers more productive.
At Nexthink, we believe actions are stronger than words when it comes to diversity, inclusivity, & equity in the workplace. Nexthinkers are multinational & multilingual, & come from all walks of life. We are committed to hiring a genuine representative workforce that can help us create solutions & foster innovation for the modern digital employee experience. Join us today!
Inside the Nexthink Engineering department, the team you will be joining builds what we call the Collectors: the endpoint agents that run on the system of the millions of employees mentioned above.
In a nutshell, Collectors extract meaningful information about what's going on the OS, interpret it & feed it to our amazing data analytics systems.
- Challenge #1: make the list of information impressive, growing & increasingly difficult to get & crunch
- Challenge #2: keep the smallest footprint possible on each machine
- Challenge #3: all of the above, but as cross-platform as possible
Our engineers are excited to take on broad & non-conventional problems & are able to narrow them down to a relevant shape & function. They constantly come up with ideas to improve our product, they prototype them, then see them through in production & measure their impact. All of this with the very high standards of quality, performance & security that are part of our DNA.
You are an ideal candidate for the job if you:
- have at least 5 years of experience in software development
- are very fluent in C & C++, preferably up to date with the latest iterations of the standard are passionate about researching how things work under the hood
- have a very good demonstrable understanding of Unix-like OS internals (if you have experience with the macOS-specific system programming & development environment, that would be a very big plus)
- have a very good ability to adapt to different OS & development environments - we are one team, & we develop cross-platform
- consistently write concise & very well tested code
- are able to decisively pitch in on the testing automation strategy
- are passionate about continuous integration & delivery
- are able to navigate & debug a complex architecture code - using the tools available and, of course, your very strong attention to details
- communicate clearly & concisely in English
Sounds challenging? Join the team!
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast-growing, successful & innovative company. Nexthink allows you to thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness & collaboration.